It is true that wrinkles are an inevitable part of the natural process of aging. But they can be delayed with appropriate skin care. Along with proper skin care, it is also important to know the factors that can cause or speed up the entire process of skin aging. This can help you take the appropriate measures for preventing the development of premature wrinkles and fine lines.
What Causes the Development of Wrinkles?
As we age, the skin becomes thinner and it loses its elasticity, mainly due to the loss of underlying fats and the connective tissues. The natural production of 'sebum or oil' also gets reduced due to aging, for which the skin becomes drier and tends to develop fine lines and wrinkles. The production of collagen and elastin also reduces with advancing age. These two scleroproteins are responsible for maintaining skin elasticity.
The overexposure to sunlight or ultraviolet radiation of the sun can break down these two scleroproteins, and accelerate the development of wrinkles on the face and other parts of the body. Apart from sunlight, factors like smoking and exposure to free radicals can also speed up the development of wrinkles and fine lines. Even facial expressions like squinting and smiling can leave behind fine lines and wrinkles over a period of time.
Anti-wrinkle Natural Treatment
The appearance of wrinkles and fine lines can be reduced with the help of anti-wrinkle skin care products like topical retinoids, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, face lift, laser treatment, and botox injections. However, many people prefer to use the natural remedies for the obvious reasons that they are less expensive, and they usually do not cause any adverse effects on the skin. The following are some of the most effective remedies that can reduce the visibility of wrinkles by making the skin firm and supple:
- If you are looking for a natural product to tighten your skin, then try egg white. Apply egg white on your face, and let it dry out completely before washing it off with lukewarm water. Egg white is an effective home remedy for reducing wrinkles around the eyes.
- Coconut oil and flaxseed oil are two most popular home remedies for deep wrinkles. Use coconut or flaxseed oil daily to massage your face. It can moisturize the skin from deep within and restore its elasticity.
- You can also use castor oil to soften your skin, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- The pulp of avocado can be used to moisturize the skin, and prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles and fine lines.
- Facial massage can also slow down the development of wrinkles by tightening and strengthening the facial muscles.
- Like facial massage, facial exercises can help reduce wrinkles and prevent their early appearance.
- Another effective natural remedy can be prepared by mixing sugarcane juice and turmeric powder. Just mix turmeric powder with sugar cane juice to make a paste, and then apply it on your face. Allow it to dry completely before washing it off with lukewarm water.
- Aloe vera is another excellent home remedy that can improve your skin tone and make it soft and supple.
- Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are quite rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, which can delay the process of aging. So, include oranges and other vitamin C-rich foods in your diet.
- Apply lemon juice on your entire face, especially on the wrinkles and let it sit for a few minutes. Then wash it off with clean water.
These home remedies that can help you improve your skin, and delay the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of skin aging. Along with applying these remedies, do not forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin well-hydrated. Be sure to protect your skin from the ultraviolet radiation of the sun by wearing sunscreens whenever you step outside.
Finally, make sure that you get enough sleep in the night, moisturize your skin frequently, quit smoking, and avoid sleeping on your sides and overwashing your face. Include more fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as fish and other foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids in your diet for preventing premature wrinkles.