Needless to say, wrinkled and loose skin is one of the most evident signs of aging. However, there are numerous ways in which this issue can be dealt with. One of them is using collagen cream.
- These creams are believed to give strength to the skin, and compensate the body for the lost collagen.
- Basically, according to experts, one molecule of this protein is too big to be absorbed by the skin.
- So, most of these creams do not get absorbed in the skin, and sit on the surface.
- Consequently, when you wash your face, the cream too gets washed. This obviously renders the creams useless.
- Therefore, the two main types of cream known very commonly as anti-wrinkle or anti-aging creams have functional keratin.
- It is a combination of peptide proteins to help your body.
Types of Cream
- As mentioned earlier, there is an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle cream.
- Both these are for the face and fundamentally have the same objective.
- The objective is to prevent the development of fine lines and wrinkles as a result of aging and excessive exposure to sun.
- One of the special claims about anti-aging cream is that it helps the skin regain its suppleness and glow.
- The theory is that the alpha hydroxy acids contained in this skin cream are responsible for the suppleness.
- In addition, you get special creams for the area around the eyes.
- It also works well if it is applied at night and left like that until the morning.
- As collagen helps the skin get its elasticity back, it is also used to make stretch mark creams.
Do they Work?
- As mentioned before, even one molecule is too big to be absorbed in the skin. Hence, we get the answer to the effectiveness of this cream there itself.
- If it does not penetrate the skin, it will obviously not show any impact.
- What is important to remember is that the lotion is no competition for our natural aging process. It cannot make us look 21 or 25 all our lives.
- So, while they show some effect for a period of time, they cannot be used permanently for enhancing our looks.
- There are quite a few side effects of these creams as well.
- The skin can be plumped up. The composition of this artificial protein is not the same as the one naturally produced, so there is a lot of possibility that it is rejected by our body.
- To talk about the financial aspect, these creams are very expensive, and give a dent to your pockets.
- Last but not the least, these just work on the uppermost layer of our skin, and do not penetrate deeply. So, they are not very useful for scars.
These are some general observations and speculations. It is finally up to you to decide whether to use it or not. Personally, adhering to a healthy lifestyle, regular exercise, drinking loads of water, and the likes will keep you looking young. If nothing, it will surely slow down the aging process.
Disclaimer: This is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.