Soft, supple, and luscious lips always enhance the beauty of a woman, making her look even more pretty. The trick to make your lips look fuller with a full pout, à la Angelina Jolie, with the correct application of lip gloss. However, when we buy flavored lip gloss from the mall, cheaper varieties can damage sensitive lips, while others can prove to be expensive. By making your own lip gloss, you will end up saving money and avoid the perils of chapped lips, by checking out these easy-to-follow recipes on how to make flavored lip gloss.
Flavored Lip Gloss Recipes from Scratch
There are different ways on how you can make flavored lip gloss at home, using a variety of ingredients that are easy to get your hands on. Depending on the availability of the ingredients at home, you can proceed to use a recipe that is convenient to follow.
This is the best lip gloss recipe in my opinion, as it has my favorite flavor in it―vanilla. To me this is also the most basic recipe out there that anyone will find easy to follow.
- Petroleum jelly, 1 tbsp.
- Vanilla extract, 1 tsp.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the petroleum jelly for about 20 seconds.
- Remove this from the microwave and stir it with a spoon.
- Add the vanilla extract to the melted petroleum jelly; give it another stir.
- Pour the mix into an empty lip gloss pot and then place it in the refrigerator until it sets.
If you like fruity flavors, then this recipe is just for you. If you are not very fond of orange-flavored essence, you can substitute it with strawberry, mango, raspberry, or even apple.
- Petroleum jelly, ¼ cup
- Vegetable oil, 2 tbsp.
- Orange essence, 1 tsp.
- Orange food coloring, a pinch
- Rose oil, 3-4 drops
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the petroleum jelly and vegetable oil.
- Microwave this mixture for about 30 seconds, ensuring that you do not overheat it.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and add the essence and food coloring to the mix.
- Pour it carefully into an empty lip gloss pot(s).
- Put the pot in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before it is fit for use.
Because honey is known for its antiseptic, moisturizing properties, it is the perfect ingredient to add to a lip gloss mix.
- Sweet almond oil, 8 tbsp.
- Beeswax (grated), 4 tbsp. (optional)
- Honey, 1 tbsp. (add another tbsp. if you choose not to include the beeswax)
- Vitamin E oil capsules, 4
- Cocoa butter, ¼ tsp.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the beeswax and heat it on medium for 30-45 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave; add the almond oil, vitamin E oil, and cocoa butter to the beeswax―stir until well-combined.
- Add the honey and continue to stir the mixture.
- You can add a few drops of an essential oil, if you'd like.
- Pour the mix into lip gloss pots before refrigerating them. Wait for at least 24 hours prior to use.
If you have a little one at home, she may always want to dress up like you. She may also want to apply lip gloss after noticing how you put one on before running out the door. You can make a lip gloss for her, using this recipe.
- Powdered drink mix, 1 tbsp.
- Honey, 1 tsp.
- Solid vegetable shortening, 1 tsp.
- Hot water, 1 tsp.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and solid vegetable shortening; keep the mixture aside.
- Dissolve the powdered drink mix with hot water, stirring until the juice crystals completely disappear.
- Add the dissolved drink a little at a time to the shortening mixture, and continue to stir.
- Pour the mix into a lip gloss pot and place it in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours; it can stored in the refrigerator for just 3 to 4 days, before it needs to be discarded.
When you make lip gloss at home, it is recommended that you use Vitamin E oil in it, since it acts as an effective moisturizing agent. If you like glittery lip gloss, then you can also add a pinch or two of edible glitter to the mix. Find different ways on how to creatively prepare a batch of lip gloss that you eventually come to love.