Aging is one of the common reasons for loose skin around the neck, sudden weight loss and obesity are two more major causes of this condition. One can't help but wonder how to tighten loose skin after weight loss that shows up around the neck and chin. There are different ways to reverse this sagging effect, which include surgery, creams, exercises, etc.
Ways to Tighten Loose Neck Skin
Neck Lift Surgery
Neck lift surgery is considered as the best way to tighten loose skin on the neck since it provides instant results. Liposuction, cervicoplasty, and platysmaplasty are different types of neck lift surgeries. These surgeries are quite expensive and also have complications with the procedures.
Though surgery is a very effective method to tighten loose skin, one should always opt for natural methods instead of surgery. This is because natural methods are always safe and give long-term effects.
Neck tightening creams basically contain antioxidants and ingredients that hydrate the cells present in the skin. This moisturizing effect helps tighten the skin and makes the wrinkles less visible. These creams should be used at least twice a day. However, before using them regularly, one should consult a skin expert and verify the safety of these creams.
Minor sagging neck problems can be reversed by performing sagging neck exercises.
This is a good exercise to tighten skin after weight loss.
- Stand in an upright position or sit in a chair.
- Look forward, slowly bend your head in backward direction and look towards the ceiling.
- Without overstretching your neck muscles, gently stretch your neck.
- Now, tuck your lips in outward direction, as if you are trying to kiss the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 10 counts and then slowly relax your lips.
- Get back to the original position and do 10 more repetitions.
- Stand straight or sit in a chair.
- Cover your upper lip with your lower lip and look forward.
- Now, inhale, and slowly tilt back until you look straight towards the ceiling.
- Hold this position for 10 counts, exhale and get back to the original position. Do 10 more repetitions.
This exercise will show you how to tighten loose skin around the neck. Also, this exercise helps tone the muscles present in the front part of the neck.
- First, stand in an upright position and then tilt your head in backward direction.
- Now, hold the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth, and tilt your head in downward direction towards the chest. Do not move the tongue from its place, and hold the position for 5 counts.
- Get back to starting position and do 5 more repetitions.
It is recommended that before performing any of the exercises or using skin-tightening creams, you should consult an expert.
Disclaimer: This is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.