It is very important to choose cosmetics with care for these people, as their skin is prone to react to some ingredient in the cosmetics.
But whatever your skin type maybe, you should always carry out a good skin care regimen that consists of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. For cleansing, a good face wash is very essential, as it helps to get rid of dirt and grime on the surface of the skin.
Good Facial Cleansers for Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin is very delicate, and requires a face wash which not only effectively removes all dirt and oil from the skin, but is also mild on it. A big mistake that most people make is to wash their face with soap. You should never use beauty soap on your skin, particularly if it is sensitive.
Soap is alkaline in nature with a high pH, and it makes your skin rough and patchy. A mild cleanser which is formulated specially for sensitive skin should be used. While choosing a face wash this skin type, make sure that you read the list of ingredients that is given at the back of the packet.
Any cleanser that contains too many chemicals, animal fats, and collagen should be strictly avoided. Try to purchase a face wash that is alcohol and perfume free.
This is because, alcohol strips away all the moisture and essential oils from your skin, making it look dry and prematurely aged. Perfumes that are added to the face wash might cause allergic reactions on your skin.
If you are suffering from breakouts, you should use an acne face wash that contains neem and tree tea extract. The best face wash for sensitive skin is the one that contains natural ingredients like lime extract and aloe vera, and has hydrating qualities.
Some good sensitive skin cleansers are:
- La Roche-Posay Physiological Micellar Solution
- Yes to Cucumbers Gentle Milk Cleanser
- Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter
- Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser
- Mario Badescu Cleansing Milk with Carnation & Rice Oil
- Eau Thermale Avène Tolérance Extrême Cleansing Lotion
- Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
- The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
Natural Face Cleansers
If none of the store-brought cleansers work for your sensitive skin, then you need one that is homemade.
Here are a couple of all-natural homemade cleansers that work for sensitive skin:
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt with a teaspoon of baking soda. Apply this mixture on your moistened face, and rub in gentle circular motions. Wash with water to remove dead cells, accumulated dirt, and oils without any inflammation.
- Grate half a cucumber, and strain the juice in a small bowl. Add to it juice of half a lime and a whole tomato. Use this mixture to wash your face, and then rinse with cold water. The tomato juice will help tighten pores, while the cucumber and lime juice will rejuvenate tired skin.
- Rub the juice of black ripe grapes all over your face and neck, and rinse with cool water. Black grapes have great antioxidant properties that are good for your skin.
Whether you choose a store-brought face wash or try a natural option, make sure that you use it regularly, around two to three times a day. Always make sure that you wash your face thoroughly with a good cleanser at night before you go to bed, to remove all traces of makeup.