Every woman desires a beautiful skin. Not only does it enhance the looks, but healthy skin is an indicator of good health. A healthy skin is free of blemishes and pimples and has right amount of moisture in it. Oily skin posses lot of moisture in it. However, the bad news is that it is prone to blackheads, acne, and pimples.
From a healthy diet to changing one's lifestyle, skin care requires a holistic approach. There are skin care products designed specifically for oily skin. Here are some easy and inexpensive ways for natural skin care.
Oily skin has large pores clogged with dirt and grime. The result of the clogged pores is the formation of blackheads, acne and pimples. This type is susceptible to eczema and fungal infections.
So, you have oily skin? Well, you could blame it on your genes. However, hormonal changes (primarily, among teenagers) and unhealthy lifestyle are other reasons for oily skin.
Skin Care Tips
- Those with oily skin must wash their face with cold water 3 - 4 times a day as it gives a refreshing feeling and also tightens the pores. However, do not overdo the washing, as it will rob the skin of its moisture.
- Steam the face for 15 minutes, once a week. Add a few drops of lemon juice to water, as the acidic nature of the juice will dissolve excess oil.
- Oily skin has to be exfoliated once in a week to remove dead skin cells from the surface which freshens the skin.
- Nowadays, many skin care products are available, either natural or cosmetic, ensure that the products suit your skin type. People with oily skin should avoid oil based products. For proper skincare, always remove your make-up once back home.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of fuller's earth, six strawberries, a teaspoon of brandy and 2 teaspoons of chilled rose water. Apply this paste to the face, avoiding the delicate areas around the eyes. Leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water, by rubbing the face in gentle circular motions.
- A mixture of lemon juice and cucumber juice in equal amounts can be applied on the face everyday. Wash it off with cold water, after half an hour.
- Make a paste of one peeled apple and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this paste on the face. Wash it off after 20 minutes, with cold water.
- Applying a paste of fully ripe tomatoes is also an effective method for oily face control.
- Use yogurt directly on the face or make a mixture with fuller's earth, before washing it off with cold water.
- Avoid heavy and fried foods.
- Fresh, green leafy vegetable, and fresh fruits should be included in one's diet.
- Desserts and foods rich in sugar may also trigger excess oil production. Hence, such foods should be excluded from one's diet.
- Excessive consumption of soft drinks, coffee, tea, and alcohol should be avoided.
- Water flushes out the toxins from the body and prevents clogging of pores. Hence, one should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday for a healthy skin.
- Regular exercise hastens the process of eliminating toxins. Proper rest ensures that one is stress-free, which goes a long way in deciding the health of one's skin.