The skin under the eyes needs extra care as this area is very sensitive, and is prone to dryness. Dry skin, which in turn results in wrinkles and fine lines, can kill your looks. Your eyes will look dull, and you may develop dark circles too.
People of fair complexion may notice red dry skin under eyes with the advent of age. People with dark complexion usually notice hardening, drying, and blackening of this part of the skin. These days, many youngsters complain about dryness of the skin. The person who has itchy dry skin may experience a burning sensation in the skin.
The causes for red dry skin under eyes are as follows:
- The most hated dark circles under eyes can be a result of excessive stress that causes hormonal imbalance and fatigue.
- Red dry skin can be a result of dehydration. Lack of water dries off the skin.
- Dry weather can also lead to dry skin.
- Various allergies are responsible for the dryness and burning sensation in the skin. Check your skin care products, toiletries, eye and face make-up kits, everything.
- The oil glands situated under the skin secrete sebum, and keep the skin moisturized. The area around the eyes has very less oil glands, and so it is more susceptible to dryness.
- Weakness due to some diseases can leave the skin red and dry.
It is not possible to have healthy skin if you ignore your diet. As skin reacts best to certain nutrients like silica, zinc, selenium, and vitamins C, E, and A, your daily food intake should include foods rich in these nutrients.
- Adequate vitamins and minerals, along with good eating and sleeping habits, like regularity, avoiding junk food can make a tremendous impact on eye and skin health.
- Bioflavonoids are present in vitamin C rich foods. Carotenoids convert these foods into vitamin A that provides antioxidant protection.
- Vitamin E helps to keep the skin moist, and so it is one of the most vital healing agents for dry skin.
- You can make a hole in a vitamin E capsule, and apply the content directly to irritated skin. This is a great way to get fast positive results in case of insect bite or other extremely itchy spots of allergies.
- Avoid excessive use of cosmetics. Do not opt for cosmetics and toiletries which have chemicals in it. Try to use natural, herbal cosmetics. Instead of using soap, you can make use of chickpea flour and milk for washing your face.
- Regular eye exercises and massage to the skin around eyes (with olive, almond, or jojoba oil) work great for dryness and dark circles under eyes.
- Placing fresh cucumber slices around the eyes and relaxing can help improve the texture of the skin around the eyes.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol to reduce wrinkles around the eyes.
Now that you know the simple home remedies for maintaining the smoothness and color of the skin under eyes, you can make a beauty routine of your own, which can offer you a glowing skin, for your entire life.
Disclaimer:This content is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.