From the period of ancient Egyptians, hair removal has been practiced by human beings for various reasons, aesthetics being the primary one. Today, hair removal is a beauty ritual, especially among women. Although there are various methods of hair removal, waxing has been a popular choice for years.
However, commercial hair wax products may contain chemicals, which can damage your skin after long-term use. Hence, a homemade product is always better.
Sugar Hair Remover Recipe
You can make your own hair removal product at home. All the ingredients are easily available. Go through the given tips for making the body sugaring paste.
- You need two cups of white cane sugar, ¼ cup of water, and ¼ cup of lemon juice. Juice of two lemons will be sufficient for this purpose, but make sure to strain out the seeds and the pulp.
- Take a heavy sauce pan, and place it over medium heat. Add the ingredients and stir well.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, simmer the heat, and leave it like that for 30 minutes. The timespan is very important, as overcooking can make the product too sticky. If not cooked properly, it can be too watery to achieve the purpose.
- The color of the mixture changes as it cooks, and you can judge the perfect consistency of the paste from its color. Within 25 to 30 minutes of cooking, the mixture will turn amber in color. This means that the mixture has reached the required consistency.
- Remove the pan from heat. It has to be handled very carefully, as the hot mixture can cause burns in case of contact with the body.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes, before filling the mixture in an air-tight container. Always make sure to close the container with an airtight lid. Store the container in the refrigerator.
How to Use Body Sugaring Paste
If you want to use it as a hot wax, heat it slightly; and apply a thin layer of the sugaring paste on the skin, in the direction of hair growth. You may use a dull knife or a popsicle stick for this purpose.
Place a cotton strip over the area, and press it slightly. Pull the strip in the direction opposite to the hair growth. This is similar to the normal waxing procedure.
If you want to use this body sugaring paste as cold wax, the method is a little bit different. You can use the mixture directly. Take out the container from the refrigerator, and grab a small amount of the paste. It will be slightly rubbery, but don't apply it directly on the skin.
Roll it lightly to form a ball. Overdoing it can change the consistency of the product as the body heat can melt it. Now, spread the paste over the skin, in the direction opposite to the hair growth. Press it lightly, and pull it slowly to remove the hair.
Body hair removal using sugaring paste is advantageous in many ways. Apart from saving money, it also gentle on the skin. It can be used for removal of facial hair too. The use of a body sugaring paste for waxing makes the process less painful.
Mentioned all, you can do it in the privacy of your home. So, try this sugar hair removal recipe, the next time you wax your hair.