These reasons may not be enough to choose eye makeup that does not go very well with your eye color. So, in order to achieve that stunning look, choose the appropriate shades of eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner or eye pencil. Information here discusses eye makeup tips for blue eyes.
Applying a thin stroke would work better than a thick one in the case of blue eyes. For a more starker effect, line the inner rims of your eyelid with a liquid white sparkle eye pencil. If you want smudged look, opt for eye pencil shades of the same color as the eyeliner. Remember not to apply light colors as they can underplay your blue eyes considerably.
If you are looking for a smoky effect, then mix black and blue eyeshadow shades for that ultimate dramatic look. Do not apply light blue eyeshadow or a shade that matches your eye color because then the effect of eye makeup will be totally lost. Purchasing eyeshadow palettes or duo eyeshadow is a good option to find the perfect shades.
Makeup Ideas for Blue Eyes
- One of the best makeup ideas for blue eyes is to 'go brown'. Apply a dark shade of brown eyeshadow, brown eyeliner and black mascara. Apply any shade of brown lipstick, to compliment the brown eye makeup.
- Brighten up your blue eyes by applying a little shimmered eyeshadow at the inner corners of the eye.
- Applying smoky eye makeup would mean that you should keep the rest of your makeup neutral and light.
- Using a dark brown eyeliner to line your lower eyelid rims would brighten and highlight your blue eye color.
- Lavender eyeshadow and silver eyeliner is a very good combination to play up blue eyes. Bronze, too is an apt color as eyeshadow and eyeliner for blue eye makeup.