Summer is Just Around the Corner
Summer is sometimes bad news for those who wear makeup like their second skin! Well our advice to all the readers would be to modify your regimen. Prevention is your best defense in keeping your eye makeup fresh during the hot and humid summer months.
When your new regimen still can't beat the heat, here are a few simple tips that will keep your eyes free of streak marks.
* First, switch to products that can handle the heat. Needless to say, this includes long lasting, waterproof mascara, and the choice of eye pencils over liquid liners. It is recommended that you switch to shadows that harden once applied.
* Set eye makeup with a light dusting of powder. This not only helps in absorbing any moisture that may cause eye makeup to melt, but also gives a shine to your face.
* Use a non-powdered blotting paper to remove any under-eye perspiration as soon as you notice streaking. Wipe away any eye makeup with a clean cotton swab. Always keep a small bottle of cleansing milk with you; you never know when you might require it.
* Re-apply faded makeup sparingly. Constant re-application can make your face look patched up, hardly the kind that looks neat.
A Few Tips
* Try and limit yourself to one coat of mascara. You could use hair accessories or scarves to divert the attention from the eyes. You could even wear a great pair of shades, which is appropriate for the season.
* Consider permanent makeup. If you're not into applying makeup frequently, it's now possible to have your brows and lashes permanently tinted.
* Don't apply additional mascara during the day. This may lead to a caked or clumpy look. If you really want to feel good that your eyes have that starched lash look, go and splash your eyes with water. It helps you feel fresh!
* Keep an eye shadow brush in your purse to blend the shadow with the creases that appear during the day. Lastly, don't use the sponge-tip applicators for this. They make the shadow look uneven.