We all love to have a smooth and glowing skin. But, regular exposure to the sun and polluted air affects the skin adversely. As a result it becomes dry and sensitive. Various skin care products that deal with skin issues are available but the chemicals used in them damage the skin. So, the best solution is to prepare your own face cream at home.
- To melt the shea butter, put some water into the lower section of the double boiler and heat it.
- Take olive oil and shea butter in a bowl, and place it on its upper part.
- Let the shea butter melt.
- Remove the mixture of melted liquids from the boiler and add peppermint oil and sage oil to it.
- Use a hand-held mixer to blend them properly. While mixing, pour the spring water. Stir until it becomes fluffy.
- Put it into an air tight container and store in a cool place.
- This shea butter cream will have a hydrating effect on the skin and can be used as a face moisturizer.
- Cut the cucumber into pieces and put them into a blender to make a smooth cucumber puree. Separate the pulp from the juice by straining out the puree using a cheesecloth.
- Melt the paraffin wax in a double boiler following the same technique as described in the previous recipe. Once the wax melts, mix the almond oil into it with a gentle stirring.
- Then pour the strained cucumber juice and mix all the ingredients well. Take off the boiler from the heat and keep the bowl under cover, so that the wax doesn't crystallize. Stir it occasionally as it cools down.
- Use this cream during the summers to take care of the tender and damaged skin.
- You can store this cream for two months in an air tight container.
Chop the ginger and squeeze out the juice with your hands.Take the extract into a bowl.
- Add cocoa butter and oils into the juice. Now, heat the mixture at low temperature until the butter melts. While heating, stir the mixture occasionally.
- After cooling, store it in a glass jar. Those with dry skin can use this as a night cream for better results.
- Mash the raspberries, strawberries and dried apricots together in a bowl and add milk and pecan oil to the mixture to make a thick paste.
- Now place the bowl on medium heat, stirring it constantly.
- After attaining thick creamy consistency remove the bowl from the flame to let it cool.
- This homemade face cream works wonders for wrinkles.
- Boil the carrot till it becomes soft.
- Mash the avocado and carrot in a bowl.
- Beat the egg and pour it in the mashed blend.
- Add honey and cream and mix it well to make a smooth consistent paste.
- This face mask contains all the ingredients essential for skin rejuvenation where avocado rich in Vitamin E, is combined with beta-carotene and antioxidants present in carrot; and protein and calcium from the cream.
- These components provide nutrition to the skin and improve the skin tone and texture.