Age spots are the marks which appear in women mostly after menopause while in men, they arise due to hormonal changes. They can also be a part of the normal aging process. They appear unsightly when spread to other parts of the body, like the shoulders, neck, arms, and the back. Other reasons associated with occurrence of age spots are frequent change of cosmetics, internal health disorder, intake of birth control pills, and regular exposure to the sun and pollutants. Age spots also appear due to increase in melanin levels inside the body.
Creams To Fade Age Spots
It's very difficult to figure out the best face cream for age spots because the healing action is much dependent on your skin type. From the reviews we have found out that these products are rich in anti-melanin compounds which lighten the marks over the face. It's because melanin is the main component responsible for tanning of face and appearance of age spots. Over the counter anti-marks creams also contain hydroquinone, glycolic acid, deoxyarbutin, and kojic acid. Hydroquinone has bleaching action on the skin, thereby removing every trace of age spots. Some creams are formulated with anti-wrinkle properties also.
Creams enriched with vitamin A and C clear age spots to a considerable extent. The list is furnished below.
- eb5 Age Spot Formula
- Alpha Hydrox Spot Light Targeted Skin Lightener
- Olay Discoloration Fighting Concentrate, Pro-x
- Mesoestetic Cosmelan 2 Maintenance Depigmentation Cream
- Porcelana Fade Dark Spots Daytime Treatment Cream
- Esoterica Fade Cream
- Derma-e Skin Care's Skin Lighten Cream
- Clarins Super Restorative Neck and Decollete Cream
- Fade Out Cream
- Doctor D. Schwab Skin Lightener
Home Remedies for Facial Age Spots
Age spot removal is also possible through home remedies. Natural ingredients like lemon, vinegar, papaya, and tomato are capable of effacing such spots.
- Dilute lemon juice with water and apply over the spots and patches with a cotton swab. Do not apply if your skin is hypersensitive.
- Juice of aloe vera is extremely soothing for all skin types. You can also scoop out the pulp and spread it on your face. Let it dry and then wash off with cold water.
- Onion juice combined with apple cider vinegar is an effective remedy for age spots. Do not apply if your skin is sensitive.
- Horseradish is also capable of reducing age marks. Grate the herb and mix with apple cider vinegar. Apply regularly to get quick effects.
- Soak chickpeas overnight in water and make a paste from it. Apply all over your face and let it dry. Then rinse your face with cold water.
- Green papaya contains cleansing enzymes which effectively remove age spots from the skin. Smash fresh green papaya or rub a slice on the spots for at least 10 minutes.
Age spots disappear when you apply a good quality face cream and take care of your skin with the herbal fomulas. However, if you experience a severe outbreak, then you should go for age spot treatment from a reputed dermatologist.