Though, whether your skin really absorbs these nutrients, or it is just another advertising con-job is still arguable. Research shows that there are only three antioxidants that can be absorbed by our skin: selenium, vitamin E and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in slowing down the natural process of skin aging.
Face Creams with Vitamin C
The skin usually begins to show the first signs of aging and wrinkling when the body stops or slows down the production of two proteins: elastin and collagen. These are essential in order to maintain your skin and keep it young.
Wrinkling usually occurs in certain areas of the face, like under the eyes or around the lips. Therefore, to overcome this, the use of vitamin C cream for the face is highly beneficial, as it assists in the production of collagen. It helps in minimizing sun damage, by neutralizing the free radicals.
Though this product has many beneficial properties, it usually costs a pretty penny. Therefore, making your own anti-aging cream is not only a cheaper option, but the final product will surely turn out to be the best that you can get. Here's how to go about it:
- Microwave safe bowl
- 1 tsp lanolin
- 1 cup grape seed oil
- 2/3 cup distilled water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable wax
- 10 crushed vitamin C tablets
- ½ cup aloe vera gel
- A jar
- Essential oil (optional)
- Bring the oils and other ingredients down to room temperature, as merging them when they are too cold or too warm will prevent them from mixing well.
- Combine the oils, lanolin, and wax in the microwave safe bowl, and heat the mixture in the microwave, on high for nearly 45 seconds. Remove the bowl and mix everything together, and again put it back in the microwave for another 45 seconds.
- Continue heating till the wax melts, and the ingredients get mixed thoroughly.
- Put the distilled water, aloe vera, and vitamin C tablets in a small bowl and mix well.
- If you would like to have some scent, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the mixture and mix well.
- Combine both mixtures, and once you feel it has reached the desired consistency, stop mixing.
- Pour the mixture in the jar, and store it in the refrigerator.
Applying such creams will not only reduce the signs of aging and wrinkles on the face, but will also give you a radiating and soft skin. In fact, studies have shown that people who regularly eat foods, high in vitamin C, like broccoli, collard green, grapefruits, cauliflower, etc., have fewer wrinkles than their counterparts.
Therefore, along with the use of creams, incorporating vitamin C-rich foods into your diet will help you improve your skin texture and enhance your overall health.