Skin, being the largest organ in the human body, regulates our body temperature, protects the internal organs from different infections and adds a good look to our appearance. Skin also reflects our inner beauty. If we are healthy internally, then we can have a healthy, glowing skin. However, if there are any health issues, then it is clearly reflected back through the skin. At times, even in the absence of health problems, the skin may appear dull and lifeless. This may be due to pollutants, harsh chemicals and an improper skin care regimen. Having pale skin can be quite annoying, as it can mar your appearance.
Tips for Glowing Skin
You may come across many products that promise smooth skin. But these may contain chemicals and artificial ingredients, which can destroy the skin. It is better to stick to natural products when it comes to skin care. Follow these easy tips for smooth skin, glowing with health:
- Mix honey, lemon juice and vegetable oil and apply this mask on your face for 20 minutes. This is a natural moisturizer and is beneficial for dry skin.
- Make a face mask with pumpkin slice, milk and egg yolk and apply it on your face for 30 minutes. Wash your face with cold water and discover glowing skin. Use this mask once in a week to get glowing, smooth skin.
- Gently exfoliate your skin once a week using olive oil and sugar granules to scrub off dead cells.
- To get glowing skin you can also use raw shea butter.
Home Remedies for a Glowing Skin
Transform your dry, lifeless skin into a soft, supple, super smooth and glowing skin by using these natural face packs.
- Apply honey on your face and neck, and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash your face and neck with cold water to get smooth, glowing skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of walnut powder with lemon juice and honey and scrub your face with this mixture and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water for best results.
- Apply egg white and honey mixture to your face for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Mix egg white with corn flour and apply it on your face. Let this pack dry off completely. Massage your face gently with warm water for about 15 minutes. Repeat this process for about 15 days to get a glowing skin.
- Washing your face with water in which cabbage has been boiled is a popular remedy for natural skin care.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix it with raw milk. Apply this paste on your face and neck, and leave it for about 15 minutes. Wash your neck and face with cold water to get glowing skin.
- Applying a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves on your face will help in preventing dryness of the face, appearance of acne, blackheads and reduce wrinkles.
- Apply a paste of mashed banana, lemon juice, honey and margarine, and leave it on your face overnight. Wash your face with cold water in the morning to get a skin that will glow.
- Make a paste with two tablespoons of turmeric powder and orange juice and apply it on your face and neck for 15 minutes and gently scrub your face while washing with cold water. This paste also helps in getting rid of sunburns.
- Mix milk powder and mango peel powder with 1 tablespoon rose water and apply this paste to your face to give firmness to your skin.
- Rubbing a piece of papaya on your face and neck for about 20 minutes will replenish the skin.
Glowing Skin Diet
In order to get glowing skin, you must eat a natural and nutritious diet, rich in vitamins and minerals. Drinking plenty of water keeps your skin hydrated and gives it a fresh appearance. Water acts as a detoxifying agent and cleanses the pores in the skin. Include these nutrients in your diet to get glowing skin.
- Vitamin A - Include fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin A like carrots, spinach and leafy greens, oranges, tomatoes, apricots, etc. for nourishment and replenishing your skin.
- Vitamin C - Including guavas, lemons, Indian gooseberries, cabbage, parsley, etc. will give a fantastic glow to your dull skin.
- Vitamin E - Seeds of sunflower, safflower, almonds and cod oil, rich in vitamin E can add that extra glow to your skin.
Avoid using lots of makeup on your face which can make your skin look pale and dry. Remember, your skin is what makes you look beautiful. Try these daily skin care tips that will leave you with flawlessly beautiful, natural and glowing skin and rediscover a naturally beautiful YOU!