Increased toxin levels in the body lead to acne outbreak. To get rid of these toxins you need to switch to fruits and vegetables which are well-known for their detox effect. Find detailed information in the following write-up.
Acne can be caused due to hormonal changes, heat, pollution, etc. Increased level of toxins in the body is also one of the major causes of acne outbreak. There are many treatments for acne like medications, natural therapies, laser treatments, etc., which are very effective in getting rid of acne and its scars. But these treatments do not assure you the total removal of acne from its roots. Hence, acne detox treatment helps in removing the acne from its roots as it clears up the toxins from the body and thus restricts the formation of acne. Find out more about this treatment in the following given paragraphs.
What is Acne Detox?
Our body is exposed to thousands of chemicals on a daily basis. These toxic substances are excreted from our body by various organs like the kidney, liver and the digestive system. If the body is exposed to excess toxins or the body organs are unable to excrete the toxins properly, then the bacteria starts accumulating inside the body which may further lead to various other health related problems like fatigue, weight gain, depression and low energy. Acne is also one of the major health problems which is caused due to increased levels of toxins. Hence, to overcome the problem of acne, an acne detox cleanse is used. This process cleanses the body of unhealthy chemicals and accumulated toxins, to give a more radiant and clear skin.
Acne Detox Treatment
Toxic level of the body increases due to improper digestion of the food we consume. Oily, spicy, canned, sugary foods, all are responsible for the increased toxins. The best example of improper digestion and increased level of toxins is constipation. Here a person is unable to excrete the feces which increases the toxic level of the body causing various discomforts. Hence to flush them out, you need to follow a particular acne detox diet which is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
Following are some of the tips.
- Drink plenty of water. Water is very important for our body. It purifies our blood and helps to flush all impurities and toxins from our body. It speeds up the metabolism rate and flushes out the toxins through urine. It regulates the body temperature and opens up the pores through sweat. So, make sure to drink at least 2 liters of water everyday.
- A 3-day apple fast is considered to be a good detox treatment. Don’t eat anything apart from apple. But keep drinking adequate water. In these three days do not exert your body, take rest. It will clean up your body from within and will make your skin acne free.
- You can also have lemon juice mixed in warm water and little amount of honey in the morning before having anything. It cleanses the stomach, and is a good detox treatment.
- If you can, then stay on fruit and vegetable juices for 4 to 7 days. This will give the required nutrition to the body and will give relief to the liver and other organs which help in eliminating toxins. If you have any other health related problem then consult your doctor before going for this treatment.
- Toxin levels can increase due to mental and emotional stress. This can further lead to the appearance of acne. Hence, try to be happy and do not stress yourself, mentally as well as emotionally.
These are some of the ways to cleanse your body of harmful toxins. Apart from this, there are few foods which you need to avoid in order to maintain a proper balance of the body like sugary foods, allergic sea food, canned or preserved foods, wheat, gluten, yeast based foods, red meat and dairy products. Avoid the intake of alcohol and other drugs as they increase the toxin level. So, maintain a proper diet that can help your body cleanse itself more efficiently with the help of natural treatments given in this article. Take care and have an acne-free skin.
Disclaimer: This BeautiSecrets article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.