Acne is a very common problem which occurs when the skin pores are clogged due to oil or dead skin cells, causing the skin to break out. It normally occurs during puberty. There are several easily available materials which can be used to treat it.
Acne is one of those unfortunate things which you are unable to prevent. It spoils your days and nights when it appears. The tragedy does not end here. It leaves behind scars, which are aesthetically unpleasant to one and all. Therefore, it may be called a blot on one’s beauty. Anyone would wish to get rid of it as soon as possible. If you are undergoing such a beauty trauma, you must be looking out for ways to control this problem. The Internet is flooded with information on innumerable home remedies which promise to be effective solutions for it. However, not everything works for everyone.
The remedies mentioned in the following sections are not meant for a particular skin type and are therefore easier to implement by all.
1. Take 2-3 tablespoons of dried basil and mix it with a bowl of water. Heat this mixture, stirring continuously till it starts boiling. Let it boil for about 10 minutes. Take off the heat and let the mixture cool down to room temperature. Take a cotton pad and dip it in this mixture, then squeeze it to remove the excess liquid. Dab it all over your face. Apply the mixture in this manner particularly on the affected area. Do this twice a day. For best possible results, do it before going to bed. This is a safe option for sensitive skin.
2. Peel off an orange and grate its peel. Grind it in a grinder or use a pestle and mortar. Usually, an orange peel has sufficient water content to form a paste. However, if you find the need, add a few drops of water to the grated orange peel while grinding. Spread this paste evenly on your face. Make sure that it covers the pimlpes well. Allow it to stay for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off well with plenty of water. Do this once every alternate day before taking a bath or showering.
3. Use of essential oils is perhaps the most promising of all solutions for pimples. The essential oils commonly used for this purpose are rose hip seed oil, sandalwood oil, lavender oil and primrose oil. You may use a combination of any two from these. To know about the usable amount and usage directions, you need to consult an aromatherapist.
4. Take 2-3 cloves of garlic and grind it in a pestle with mortar. You may have to add a little amount of water to it so that a paste is formed. Cover the acne-affected area well with it. Allow the paste to stay for about 15 minutes. Remove the paste and wash your face with cold water. Do this once daily.
5. Milk of magnesia has been known to be another home remedy that works. You should try it when you want to get rid of pimples quickly. Take a cotton pad and dip it in milk of magnesia. Dab the affected area of the skin gently with this pad. Leave it on for about an hour. Rinse it off well with plain water. Do this 2-3 times a day for fast relief.
All the above described remedies have amazed many people with the speed of their results. They are effective in prevention of this problem as well. You don’t need to try all of them. Choose one that suits your personal interest and has easy availability of materials.