Aging is inevitable, but there are several ways of delaying this process and one of them is using anti aging creams. There are many different types of anti aging creams and choosing the right one can delay the signs of aging.
Perfect smooth glowing skin is something that everyone craves for, but rarely anyone has it. When the first wrinkle shows up, we tend to panic and buy a plethora of anti aging products. Anti aging creams, serums and gels are widely available in the market and comes in all shapes and prices. But do anti aging creams really work? It’s an expensive process to keep trying every new product that promises youthful skin. The first step in understanding which products are effective, is knowing why we should use them and which ingredients in these creams really help in smoothing out wrinkles. Do not be lured into buying an anti aging product because of its attractive packaging or because it is endorsed by your favorite celebrity.
Best Anti Aging Creams
For best results, you should use both anti aging day and night cream. Night creams are usually richer in texture and contain more stronger active ingredients such as retinol and hyaluronic acid. Day creams tend to have a lighter texture and it is easily absorbed by the skin. Here are some anti aging products that actually makes a difference to your skin.
- Chanel Hydramax + Active Moisture Gel Cream
- La Roche-Posay Redermic + Intensive Daily Anti-Wrinkle Firming Fill-in Care
- Murad Essential-C Daily Renewal Complex
- Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Moisture Cream SPF 30
- Caudalie Premier Cru La Crème
- Clarins Vital Light Night Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream
- Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Overnight Regenerating Cream
- Roc Retinol Correction Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
- Christian Dior Capture R60/80 Enriched Wrinkle Night Cream
- Dior ‘Capture XP’ Ultimate Wrinkle Correction Night Crème
- Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
- La Mer The Eye Concentrate
- Olay Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex
- Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Total Eye Lift
- Yves Saint Laurent Forever Youth Liberator Eye Cream
Anti Aging Cream Ingredients
Before buying any anti aging products you need to be aware of the ingredients that it is formulated with. Anti aging creams that work have ingredients like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, alpha hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, conjugated linoleic acid, kinetin, coenzyme Q10, kojic acid, copper peptides, resveratrol and hyaluronic acid.
- Retinol is a pure form of vitamin A and it helps build new collagen while also stopping existing collagen from collapsing and causing wrinkles. Retinol improves skin texture, making it firmer.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant which has anti-inflammatory properties and it moisturizes the skin, making it smooth and soft.
- Alpha hydroxy acids reduce fine lines by exfoliating damaged and dead skin. It is an excellent ingredient for evening out pigmented skin.
- Vitamin C has antioxidant properties which helps prevent the formation of wrinkles, while increasing collagen production. It helps skin withstand sun exposure and also helps in reducing skin discoloration.
- Resveratrol is an antioxidant that reduces cell damage and improves collagen production.
- Conjugated linoleic acid boosts skin renewal and reduces the appearance of lines on the skin.
- Kinetin is very effective in reducing the appearance of age spots and freckles.
- Hyaluronic acid is another ingredient that deeply moisturizes the skin, making it soft and supple. It is also effective in plumping fine lines.
Choosing the Best Anti Aging Cream
Wrinkles do not appear overnight, but they are an evolution of the aging process as the proteins in our skin, collagen and elastic fibers start to loosen, causing depressions on the surface. The visible signs which appears years later include loosening and slacking of the skin, dryness, appearance of brown spots and loss of radiance and luminosity. Environmental damages such as excessive exposure to the sun and pollution can also speed up the aging process causing premature aging.
Even if you are in your 20s with clear, radiant skin, how you take care of your skin now goes a long way in deciding your looks in the 50s. A proper skin care regimen during the 20s can slow down the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes. A simple rule to remember when you use anti aging creams is that since these products are formulated for mature skin, which tends to be drier, it can be too heavy for younger women. So, try light weight gels and oil free moisturizers instead.
These were some anti aging night and day creams that are effective in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. When you find an anti aging creams that works for your skin, stick to it and avoid experimenting with new products frequently.