So, you’re finally going to junior high school and all you want to ensure is that you don’t go unnoticed. Well, you definitely won’t because the upcoming article furnishes some great beauty tips for girls in middle school/ junior high school that you cannot afford to miss.
Middle school is a time when you are exposed to a plethora of changes. The sudden transition from a child to a teenager is a little difficult to digest psychologically. Your body also undergoes a lot of changes. Clothes no more fit the way they used to before. A lot of you may suddenly face acne outbursts and stretch marks on your arms if you happen to shoot up suddenly. Some of you may even start losing all the puppy fat you may have had. Being prepared for these changes will definitely help you cope a little better.
Amongst all the things, the most significant thing you have to catch up with is looking good at this age. It is natural to be concerned about your appearance since you wish to grab everyone’s attention. No one wants to be a part of the herd and end up looking like every other girl.
Looking Naturally Beautiful
Pay Attention to your Skin
You have to take care of your skin because it is very tender at this age. You must give it some daily nourishment with natural products so that you can end up looking gorgeous without applying too much makeup. You can try the following methods to get that flawless glow.
- Give your body a gentle olive oil massage daily. No, there’s no need to go ‘eeuw’! after reading this. The idea is to keep your skin moisturized and maintain the elasticity so that you are less prone to developing blemishes or stretch marks in this transition stage. You will have a beautiful body that you will love as you slowly blossom into a beautiful girl.
- If you have acne, apply some aloe vera gel on your face daily. Not only does it help reduce those terrifying outbursts, it also works as a natural sun protector. This means that you nullify the chances of developing freckles which would occur if you don’t take care.
- Make a paste of 2 tablespoons gram flour, 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, and a few drops of lemon. Apply this paste, at least twice a week, on your face, and it acts like a natural scrub. Allow it to remain for about 15 – 20 minutes before rinsing off with cold water. It reduces the growth of facial hair, gives a brilliant glow, and keeps the skin clean. If possible, scrub your entire body with it at least once a week. This will slowly discourage the growth of hair on your body.
Don’t Forget Your Hair
The sooner you start taking care of your hair, the more manageable they become later on. Again, you don’t have to resort to really expensive, chemically-loaded products to keep your hair shining. Simple homemade hair care products will do the trick for you.
- Oil your hair with olive oil at least twice a week, and leave it on for a minimum of half an hour before you shower. Massage your scalp thoroughly, and coat your hair lightly with oil from root to tip. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. It keeps the scalp clean and the hair free of split ends or dryness.
- Those of you who have oily hair should use a mild shampoo without any heavy chemicals. After washing your hair, rinsing with the juice of one lemon diluted in one cup of water helps in keeping your hair looking soft and beautiful. Use the lemon rinse only twice a week. Don’t overdo it as lemon has bleaching properties that can lighten the color of your hair.
- Don’t brush your hair often if you have an oily scalp, as it will make the hair look extremely flat. If you have dry hair, they become more frizzy upon frequent brushing.
- Avoid the usage of too many hair accessories, as these weaken your beautiful locks and break the hair strands very easily. However, you can choose to use them once in a while.
Hair & Makeup Tips for Girls in Middle School
Obviously, this is probably the part you’ve been waiting for the most. Ideally, girls in junior high school should avoid using makeup because skin at this age is very sensitive. However, if you’re highly tempted, then here are some handy tips. Remember to first try these tips at home, under your mum’s supervision, over the weekend. If they suit you, go ahead and wear your best look at school.
- Apply a coat of clear lip-gloss for that shine on your lips. You can also try applying a flavored-lip balm. It adds color, gloss, and keeps your lips protected.
- For the eyes, apply a very thin line of eyeliner. To add volume to your lashes, preferably use a clear mascara rather than the black one. This is because the black one just clumps up and looks terrible by the end of the day. If you want to wear an eyeshadow, use only a pale color. Don’t go overboard with the blues and greens so early on. Apply a light stroke of kohl to define your eyes.
- Use a mild moisturizer on your face based on your skin type and avoid using a foundation. If you want that clear glow, use a tinted moisturizer that offers sun protection as well.
- Based on your attire, you can tie your hair into a neat ponytail and decorate with some simple colorful clips. Otherwise, you can leave your hair open and wear a nice and simple hair band for a stylish look. Braiding your hair, every once in a while, will make you look absolutely charming.
- Remember to always clean your makeup before going to bed. This practice should be observed by all irrespective of their skin type. Apply a mild moisturizer before sleeping.
- Use a good antiperspirant to keep smelling fresh all day long.
Now, before you assume that only makeup can make you look great, remember that it is the simple and natural beauty that is most appreciated. Of course, you are at an age when you want to try everything new, and no one is stopping you from doing that. But just keep these skin and hair care tips in mind to have the whole world drooling over your great looks.