The beauty treatments covered in the following article will help you maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Say no to harsh commercial treatments, and gain rejuvenated, re-energized skin with these simple recipes.
They say beauty is skin-deep. True. This is the reason we take great pains to maintain our outer appearance. We undergo vigorous and taxing procedures to keep our skin looking soft and supple. While many of us take the help of beauty professionals, not everyone can spend precious money every month to indulge in beauty treatments at specialist parlors. We can, but, try out natural remedies which are not only good for the skin, but also suit our budget. Natural, devoid of side effects, and pocket friendly, these remedies may be exactly what we need to help our skin and hair get that much-needed care.
For Your Hair
Long, gorgeous tresses are every woman’s pride. If you are not one of those lucky women who has long, lustrous hair, you can try some natural hair care remedies to keep your locks healthy and soft. Here are some remedies that may help.
- Many women often complain of hair fall. A biotin-rich drink may be the solution you are looking for. Blend bananas, honey, yogurt, and low-fat milk, and savor this tasty milk shake.
- Using a quarter cup of white vinegar mixed with three quarts of warm water to rinse your hair after shampooing leaves it shiny and soft.
- Smooth your frizzy and dry hair with a mask. Whisk 2 eggs and 4 tablespoons olive oil, and gently apply it on your hair. Cover with a plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Rinse and you’ll see the difference.
For Your Face
Your face is your identity. Looking good and keeping your skin healthy can be a great ego-booster. Here are some tips that will help you keep your face looking gorgeous.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and a face wash, according to your skin type, at least twice a day.
- Exfoliate with a natural scrub. To make a scrub, take ½ cup of sugar and mix it with sunflower oil or olive oil to form a paste. Apply it gently and then massage in a circular manner, and rinse. This will help you get rid of dead cells and keep your skin looking fresh.
- It is also important to cleanse your skin with the help of a facial mask. Mix a ripe banana with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a drop of orange essential oil to make a smooth paste and apply evenly all over. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water for beautiful, glowing skin.
- If acne is a persistent problem, all you need are basil leaves. Add a handful of basil leaves to about 1 cup of boiling water, allowing it to steep for 10 to 20 minutes. Cool the solution and apply using a cotton ball. This solution will soothe and tone your skin and reduce the occurrence of acne. You can store this solution in the refrigerator for about 90 days.
For Your Body
- Rubbing half a lemon on your hands for 5 minutes every day delays the appearance of age spots.
- Add ½ cup of milk powder to your bath water; this will help soften your skin.
- Rubbing a raw potato slice wrapped in a cheesecloth under your eyelids for about 20 minutes helps lighten dark circles.
- Apply a mashed banana on your face. Let it rest for 20 minutes. Wash it off with warm water and then splash your face with cold water; this will help in reducing wrinkles.
- Blend a tablespoon of sunflower oil with ¼ cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of heavy cream. Massage your hands and feet with this paste for about 30 seconds. Leave it on for 10 minutes. This will help in hydrating your skin, increasing the blood circulation as well as removing dead skin cells, leaving you with glowing and smooth skin.
These were some home remedies that will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated. Follow these regularly and you are sure to benefit from them.
While these treatments will go a long way in keeping your skin healthy, a proper diet, regular exercise, and a positive attitude towards life help in being healthy and beautiful. And remember, keep smiling; it makes you more beautiful than you already are.