Different skin types react differently to acne treatment. There are various products available for sensitive, oily, dry, and combination skin. Hence, experimenting with a couple of different products and forming a regime which suits your skin, along with regular cleansing and a balanced diet, will help you to control and prevent acne.
For example, if you have sensitive skin, then it is better to select a mild natural cleanser, and avoid using harsh soaps. If you have oily skin, then a gel or water-based formula works well. For those with dry skin, it is advisable to go for a cream which provides moisture to the skin along with unclogging the pores. Let's look at some of the treatments listed below.
- DDF BP Gel 5% with Tea Tree Oil comes with a natural ingredient like tea tree oil, and benzoyl peroxide, which helps to remove blemishes and fight new breakouts.
- DermaClear helps in removing pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads, by clearing up the pores.
- Johnson & Johnson Persa Gel has been used since a long time for breakouts. It is excellent for normal and sensitive skin.
OTC Overnight Products
- Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment contains just 2.5% benzoyl peroxide which prevents and minimizes blemishes.
- Clean & Clear Maximum Strength Overnight Acne Patches are tiny patches which help to control breakouts.
- Acne Spot Dry is a very effective overnight skin care product, which helps to reasonably shrink the breakouts.
- Stridex Conditioning Acne Scrub is a scrub which is mixed with the convenience of a pad. You just need to rub it on the affected region, and it will help to exfoliate the skin.
- You can also make a homemade scrub with plain yogurt and fine rice powder, and use it for scrubbing your face.
- Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask works great for getting rid of pimples overnight and reducing blemishes. It contains a gentle scent of lavender and is to be dabbed onto the affected areas.
- Fuller's earth with rose water is another homemade mask that works best for oily skin.
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Cooling Gel Mask helps to clear up the pores, deep-cleanse the skin, and control breakouts.
- Tea tree oil is one of the most powerful essential oils and the best natural cure for acne. To use it for treating pimples, mix it with jojoba oil in a 3:10 proportion, and apply on the affected area.
- Lavender oil is another alternative treatment. It also has a pleasing smell that helps to control stress, and thus, prevent worsening of the condition.
- Carrot juice, when had everyday, helps to clear up acne and reduce blemishes.
Natural Scar Treatments
- Rosehip oil is one of the most beneficial oils for scar removal. Mix it with jojoba oil in a 4:10 proportion, and apply on the blemishes.
- Aloe vera gel from the plant or from a bottle can also be used to clear up blemishes.
- Sandalwood powder with rose water makes a wonderful pack, that helps to remove scars that are left behind.
Remember, a regular cleansing regime and a balanced diet are equally important to get rid of acne. For severe cases, it is advisable to consult a dermatologist.