Bags Vs. Puffy Eyes
People often confuse bags under the eyes with puffy eyes; however, both are two different conditions all together. Bags are mainly formed beneath the eye, while puffiness is noticed around the entire eye.
A lot of people suffer from eye puffiness due to a number of reasons. This is caused by oversleeping or crying, and may fade away after a certain amount of time. In certain cases, however, people experience permanent puffiness under the eyes. The causes of this condition can be attributed to stress, pollution, fluid retention, various allergies, hormonal imbalance, etc. Consuming a diet that contains high amounts of sodium, lack of sleep, and drinking excessive and extensive amount of alcohol may also be effective reasons. There are lots of remedies that can get rid of this condition. Apart from natural remedies, using eye creams is recommended by doctors.
Best Eye Cream Products
Before routine application, it is always necessary to have a trial of these products and check whether they are suitable for your skin type. With the basic knowledge about the ingredients present in beauty products, selecting the best product is not a big deal. But, to make your job as a consumer easy, here are the names of some of the products that could be effective for you.
Murad Renewing Eye Cream
This is one of the best products available in the market. It contains soybean and wild yam, which increase hydration, firmness, and elasticity. It reduces dark circles, puffiness, and crease lines.
Perricone MD High Potency Eye Lift
This helps in eye lifting and firming properties. It contains components like DMAE, an antioxidant that helps tone the eye area, Pycnogenol, which helps renew collagen, and vitamins that help repair damaged skin and mimic lipids.
RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream
This is gentle and non-irritating, and its usage provides the much-needed comfort to the eyes by reducing puffiness.
Naturopathica Vitamin K Brightening Eye Serum
The key ingredient here is vitamin K, which reduces the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, and wrinkles. It also contains mica and silica. It has been reported that it gives a sheen to the face, almost like the effect of a concealer.
Kinerase Under Eye Rescue
This kinetin-rich cream blends peptides and plant extracts to hydrate and smoothen the under-eye area. The peptide formula reduces the look of puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles, etc., associated with aging and stress.
Revision Teamine Eye Complex
This product is excellent to reduce puffiness, tightening sagging, loose skin, and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. It also reduces premature aging.
Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller
This is basically a tube with a ball-tip applicator. Its metallic tip helps to get rid of puffiness. It also contains other useful components, like glycerin, wrinkle-fighting peptides, and fine line-filling silicone.
Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller
It has garnered rave reviews from numerous skincare product sites, like totalbeauty.com, amazon.com, makeupalley.com, and drugstore.com. It contains caffeine, pro-vitamin B5, as well as mineral mica pigments, which instantly brighten the under-eye area.
Factors to Consider
- Eyes are one of the most delicate of all the organs, and hence, they can get easily affected by any harmful chemicals. To avoid that, one has to be extremely careful before choosing the cream. The best way to do this is to make sure that the chosen product contains effective and the best ingredients to reduce puffy eyes.
- It is a fact that most of the chemicals are harmful for the eyes, and as a result, people are most likely to rely on natural skin care. However, there are certain chemicals, which are effective in curing this condition, especially when used in the proper prescribed manner.
- A balanced combination of some chemicals and natural skin care products is what one should always look for in an eye cream.
- Inclusion of anti-aging vitamins, like vitamin A, C, and E, is very essential. In most of the products, vitamin A is mostly included in the form of retinoids, while traces of other vitamins are added in form of essential oils, like avocado oil, tea tree oil, green tea, aloe vera essence, etc.
- It is also surprising to know that application of caffeine is also very effective for reducing puffy eyes.
- Besides that, some other important ingredients present in eye creams for puffiness include alpha hydroxy acids or AHAs, retinol, and copper peptides. As we can see, searching for the active ingredients is the key to determine if the cream is good.