Aging is the harsh truth of life, which majority of us women would never want to face, for its effects on the face! As one grows old, the once glowing, young and wrinkle free skin tends to sag, and develops ugly wrinkles and age spots. Exposure of the skin to sun and loss of the adipose tissue, which is present beneath the skin, are the major culprits for the aging skin signs. There are innumerable beauty products available in the stores that one can use to beautify the skin.
Applying makeup on the skin is an easy way to make the skin 'look' young and less damaged, and so is preferred by many. But, if there are too many marks, spots and pores on the skin, applying makeup primer prior to the actual makeup would be helpful. Reason - the primer prepares the skin for the makeup process. It helps hide the age spots and pores on the skin, and gives an even and smooth skin tone.
Primers only prepare the skin for makeup, and as such there are no major beauty benefits associated with their use. Applying primer is quite easy and it is applied before the application of foundation and concealer. There are many good primers, each with its own set of pros and cons. But before you grab one for aging skin, determine your skin type, as primers are often differentiated as per the skin type. Presented below is a compilation of some anti-aging makeup primers, that have earned positive reviews in the consumer market.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer: A product of L'oreal Maybelline Series, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer is a perfect solution for all your aging problems. It remarkably reduces the appearance of pores and wrinkles and promises a youthful skin.
- Korres Age-reversing Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Face Primer: The product is rich in antioxidants and so works well to treat the aging skin. The ingredients in this popular product target fine lines and wrinkles and thus help hide aging.
- Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer: The primer is especially popular for its light weightlessness, and is considered the best makeup primer for large pores.
- Revlon Age Defying Firming Face Primer for Normal Skin: In a skin that is aging, what is missing is firmness. And this product from revlon targets firmness and tightens the skin, reducing the appearance of pores to a great extent.
- Tarte Recreate Silicone-Free Anti-Aging Primer: Silicon in the product works as an anti aging agent and works to hide pores and wrinkles. It acts a good moisturizer, and also tightens the sagging skin.
Other good primers that have got positive reviews from users are,
- Roc Brilliance Anti-Aging Face Primer
- CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer
- Fusion Beauty PrimeResults Primer
- Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion
- ReCreate Silicone-Free Primer with Wrinkle Rewind Technology
The results of these primers may vary from person to person, and a product suitable to one person may not be the best for others. The brands we have mentioned also come in many varieties according to skin type. For best results a primer should be applied evenly on a clean and moisturized face and neck, apart from that all the application instructions given on the primer product should be adhered to. If you are in the aging process drinking lots of water, and occasional facial treatment may also prove helpful in delaying the aging process.