One benefit of having oily skin is that it wrinkles late, but otherwise, oily skin collects dust, thus making it look more dull. The T-zone becomes shiny and sweaty, and pimples and acne become a common thing. If you are looking for some face masks for pimples as well as oily skin, you can try some natural masks which can be easily made at home. Given below are some such homemade face mask recipes for acne, pimples, and also for oily skin, which if applied at least twice a month, will help you solve your problems.
For Oily Skin
Treating oily skin will solve half your problems of pimples. It's because of secretion of too much sebum that one gets pimples and blackheads and various other problems related to an oily skin. Secretion of oil is important as it moisturizes the skin and prevents it from drying up. The natural acne cures mentioned here will not stop the secretion of oil, but will control the excess secretion and make your face look brighter.
- Mix together brewers yeast and yogurt and apply it on the areas which are most oily. Leave it on for at least half an hour till the pack dries up completely, and then wash it off with cold water.
- Smash a cucumber well and mix it with yogurt. Apply this paste on your face making sure that you avoid the areas around the eyes, and then leave this on for at least 15 minutes. Once the pack dries up, wash it off with cold water. Do this at least twice a month.
- Honey is excellent for oily skin. Mix some honey with a smashed up apple (make sure that you take out the peel and the seeds) and apply this mask on your face. Leave it on and then wash off.
- You can also try this banana homemade face mask for oily skin. Smash a banana in a bowl and add some dried up orange peel powder to it. Mix it well with rose water and then apply it on your face. Leave it on for half an hour and then wash off with cold water.
For Pimples and Acne
We all know that oily skin is more prone to pimples and acne and blackheads, because the sebaceous glands deposit excess oil in the follicles of the hair, and when this follicle becomes plugged, blackheads and pimples are formed, and when they collect pus, pimples are formed. Here are some face mask recipes for pimples as well as for acne which you can try at home.
- Mix the white of an egg with oatmeal, and apply this paste on your face. Leave it on for sometime, until your face starts tightening up. Wash it off with warm water. It's best that you apply this face mask or any other face mask at night.
- Make a face mask out of roasted, dried, and powdered pomegranate skin and fresh lime juice. Apply this on your face and neck and let it remain like this for 15-20 minutes and then wash off. This is a very good pack for pimples, acne, blackheads, as well as boils.
- Mix at least 4 tablespoons of honey with 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder; apply this on the pimples and leave it on for the night. Wash it off the next day. Apply this paste for the next 2 weeks in order to get rid of the pimples.
- Another face mask is a paste of Fuller's earth, honey, paste of a garlic, and carrot juice. Apply it on the areas where you have pimples and acne. Keep it till it dries off completely, and then wash it off with warm water.
- Mix sandalwood powder with rose water, and then apply the paste on your face. Not only will this help get rid of the pimples and acne, but will also control the secretion of oil and make your skin smooth.
- You can also try avocado face mask. Smash the flesh of an avocado, and apply it on your face and neck. Leave it on for sometime and then wash it off with cold water.