Eczema is a chronic skin problem that affects millions of people worldwide. It causes skin redness, itching, dryness, blistering, bleeding, and scabbing. With this skin disorder, the treatment does not end with alleviating the skin symptoms. Indeed, the marks left after healing of the skin inflammatory conditions are equally distressing, like the disease itself. While there are no magic tricks for getting rid of them fast, you can follow certain tips to lighten them. The effectual tips on how to get rid of eczema scars are focused on using healing agents and reducing irritation to prevent further problems.
Needless to mention, complete removal of the marks is not possible. The remedies used only encourage fading over a stretch of time. Again, they are based on the type of marks and their sizes resulted after healing of the skin conditions. Most likely, they fall into two categories, hyperpigmented (dark) and hypopigmented (white). The former is usually deep pitted and caused by blisters, while the latter is a surface scar, formed after constant scratching. Following are some instructions concerning how to get rid of them.
- In order to reduce the formation from existing skin problems, use a natural moisturizing lotion. Some ingredients used in formulating natural creams are shea butter, avocado oil, macadamia oil, and oatmeal.
- Applying sunscreen with appropriate sun protection factor (SPF) is a must. While it doesn't directly play a role in getting rid of the marks, stepping out in the sun without sunscreen triggers the symptoms again and darkens the existing marks.
- The skin care regimen is not complete without omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fatty acids are anti-inflammatory in action, thereby promoting quick healing of these symptoms.
- For hyperpigmented ones, applying aloe vera gel is found to be effective in gradual fading of the skin patches. Some people prefer using skin creams formulated with vitamin E for treating skin marks.
- Vitamin E oils are commonly available in health food centers. They keep the skin moisturized. Apply this on a regular basis, or as instructed by the skin expert.
- Applying pure coconut oil several times a day is another effective remedy. Other home remedies are applying shea butter and drinking apple cider vinegar (mix 2 teaspoons vinegar in one glass of water).
- In order to get the required essential fatty acids, one should include fish, flaxseed oil, eggs, etc. in the daily diet. Or else, consider taking omega-3 fatty acid supplement or fish oil in correct dosage.
- The daily diet plan matters a lot in prompt healing. Incorporate lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in the diet. They contain antioxidants and skin vitamins, which all contribute in aiding the removal of these patches.
- The dark-colored fruits like blueberries and blackberries contain a high amount of antioxidants. Likewise, other healthy items include avocado, asparagus, nuts, and dried fruits. But, ensure that all allergic foods are eliminated in the diet plan.
- Always keep the body hydrated by drinking the recommended amount of water everyday. This rejuvenates the skin, and at the same time, reduces skin dryness, which is a main symptom of eczema.
Here's hoping that you have understood how to get rid of eczema scars by natural methods. The results will vary from one person to another, depending on the type of patches, original skin tone, and general health. For severe patches, taking the help of a trusted dermatologist is a practical approach. For darkened marks, photofacial treatment has proven to be an effective alternative, whereas hypopigmented scarring can be treated with surgery and laser therapy procedures.
Disclaimer: This BeautiSecrets article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.