The skin is the most exposed part of our body and has to unavoidably endure the test of nature and time. Here are some natural skin care recipes that will surely rejuvenate dull and tired skin.
Skin care is usually described as an effort to enhance and maintain your skin. The first step in skin care is to know your skin well. Shining, healthy skin contributes to your looks, and boosts your confidence. But various factors like pollution, excess exposure to the sun’s rays, stress, unhealthy diets, and dirt can tone down your skin and make it look dull, dry, and blotchy. This can also lead to different problems like pimples, skin rashes, wrinkles, early aging, marks, and patches. Hence, it is necessary to pamper and nurture your skin.
Natural Skin Care
Aspirin Green Tea Mask
- 1 aspirin
- 1 tsp green tea powder macha
- 2 tsp full fat unsweetened yogurt (can also use olive oil or almond oil)
- 1 tsp honey
Mix all the ingredients together and apply on the face and neck. Keep for 10 minutes and then exfoliate your skin with the aspirin bits. You can also store any extra mixture in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
The aspirin contains salicylic acid which helps in keeping acne away. Avoid putting more than one or two aspirins as it will sting and dry the skin.
- 2 tsp (30 ml) of dried cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried echinacea powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried myrrh powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried goldenseal powder
- 2 cups (500 ml) 100 proof vodka
- 2 cups (500 ml) of distilled water
Put the herbs in a jar and add vodka. Shake periodically for 4 weeks. Strain and store the liquid using 1 part liniment and 1 part distilled water. Dab onto a cotton ball and lightly apply on the affected areas. If it is too abrasive, dilute in the ratio 1:2, i.e., 1 part liniment to 2 parts distilled water.
Exfoliating Skin Renewing Face Wash/Mask
- 1½ cup raw clover honey
- 1 heaping tsp spirulina
Mix both the ingredients well and store in a glass jar. Use a generous fingerfull and rub between your hands. Run a little water over your hands and apply thoroughly on the face. Rinse off nicely or else it may cause breakouts.
Face Mask for Oily Skin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 drops eucalyptus oil or jojoba oil (optional)
Blend the ingredients, apply on your face and leave for 10-12 minutes before washing off.
Benefits of Natural Skin Care
- Natural skin care provides anti-aging treatments and protection against various aging symptoms like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and sagging skin.
- It nourishes the skin with potent natural antioxidants and nutrients that stimulate cell reformation.
- It is completely harmless as these recipes are made with quality natural ingredients.
- It effectively handles a wide range of aging skin care concerns and gives a gratifying, fun, and creative home spa facial treatment.
These quick and simple recipes use ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. They provide your skin with natural regenerating properties of herbs that fight degeneration by stimulating healing, collagen production, and offer effective antioxidant protection against aging and skin problems.