Makeup is something that is used by most women on a regular basis to enhance their beauty and to hide blemishes. Conventional makeup contains synthetic ingredients that might harm your skin in the long run. Certain ingredients present in conventional makeup may not be suitable for people with easily irritated skin, and could cause redness and inflammation. This is where organic makeup comes to the rescue. Organic makeup is made with natural ingredients, with minimum use of synthetics and preservatives. This makeup is hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin.
The organic makeup segment is the fastest growing and fastest selling in the cosmetic industry. Many people swear by its effectiveness. It is made from natural minerals and organic plant extracts that are gentle on your skin, and also provide a long-lasting natural look. This makeup is completely free from synthetic colors, artificial fragrances, parabens, and mineral oils. It is ideal for people who suffer from rosacea or other skin diseases. As the product is quite concentrated, a small quantity is enough to get a gorgeous glow. It also stays put for hours without caking or creasing.
The following are some ingredients that are present in this form of makeup:
- Algae Extract - It is very high in iodine, and has hydrating and nourishing properties. It is mainly used as a thickening agent and stabilizer in organic cosmetics.
- Aloe Vera Oil - It is very good for treating sunburns and other skin inflammations, and is effective for very dry and sensitive skin. It is very often seen as an essential ingredient in skin creams, moisturizers, and foundations.
- Annatto - It is a waxy extract derived from a shrub that is mainly found in South America. It is reddish brown in color and is used in organic lipsticks and eye shadows.
- Beeswax - It is one of the most important ingredients used in natural makeup. It is derived from the honeycomb of honeybees, and is used as a natural thickening agent and emulsifier.
- Chestnut Extract - It is used in astringents due to its soothing and calming properties. It is also used in makeup because of its natural brown color.
- Honeysuckle Oil - It is a great natural cleanser and is used in face creams and lotions. As it has a sweet aroma, it is also used as a natural fragrance in cosmetics.
- Mica - It is a mineral that is used in some foundations and eye shadows to give a light reflecting effect.
- Myrtle Herb Extract - It is used in sunscreen products and has a soothing effect on skin.
Best Organic Makeup
For a product to be labeled as organic, it requires a USDA seal. This seal indicates that the ingredients used in the makeup are 95% or more organic. Some of the best makeup brands are Nvey Eco, SukiColor, Dr. Hauschka, Living Nature, Revolution Organics, and Jurlique. The best thing about this form of makeup is that some products like lip stains can also be used as eye shadow or blush. They do not cake, and unlike conventional makeup they do not clog your pores. They last for long periods of time and retouching is not required.
Always read the labels carefully before making a purchase so that you are certain that you are purchasing a genuine organic product. Although organic makeup is more expensive than conventional makeup, the benefits are well worth the price.