Pimples, are perhaps, among the most common and frustratingly stubborn skin conditions that can affect anyone, and on any part of the body. Pimples on buttocks and thighs may not be a cosmetic concern for most, as it is when they affect the face. However, they may cause great discomfort while sitting or lying down. This condition of acne, according to most studies, has been found to be a problem that is more prevalent among men, than their opposite sex.
This skin condition on the thighs and the buttocks occur due to the same reasons as they appear on the face and other parts of the body. Their common causes include too much production of sebum (it is known as the oily secretion of the sebaceous gland), buildup of bacteria in the area, and irritation of the hair follicles on the skin.
Depending upon the severity of the condition, the treatment focuses on cutting down the production of the oil, keeping any bacterial infection in check, or reducing the inflammation. In some cases, the treatment might as well cover all these subjects. One can benefit from the use of over-the-counter medications, if he/she has a mild acne problem. However, if such medications do not help manage the condition, then one might need to let a dermatologist to take care of it. Some people might be required to follow a course of antibiotics, to deal with the bacteria.
Apart from what the doctors recommend, there are in fact a few things that can be followed at home to improve the condition. These are as follows:
- Make a mix of yogurt and fine oatmeal. Mix it to get a thick paste. Apply it on the affected areas and wait for sometime until the paste dries. Wash the area with lukewarm water and dry it properly. Thereafter, one can use the medicated cream that he/she has been prescribed. This may not be good enough for getting rid of this condition overnight, but it is said to improve it in a short duration.
- Most people have benefited by using products which contain aloe vera as one of the active ingredients. One may use aloe vera gel or soap to treat this problem on the buttocks. This method is also believed to be one of the popular ways of getting rid of it fast.
- Another natural remedy is to rub orange peels on the affected area.
- Get some cinnamon powder and mix it with honey. Massage the affected area with it and leave it to dry. Wash it with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Make a paste of ripe tomatoes and simply apply it as a cream on the affected area. After keeping it for about an hour, wash it with lukewarm water.
Toxins and waste in the body may aggravate this skin problem. So, one of the simple ways to get rid of such agents is to drink at least 3-4 liters of water daily. Needless to say, a healthy diet also plays a significant role in controlling the outbreak of pimples. And finally, wearing tight-fitting undergarments or those made from polyester or nylon, would be the worst option to go for, by the affected people. It is always advisable to wear cotton undergarments. And while at home, loose-cotton clothing does best for keeping the affected areas cool and dry.
Disclaimer: This BeautiSecrets article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.