Sunburn is a common skin problem caused due to excessive exposure to sun's rays or UV light sources. While less exposure can lead to tanning of skin, prolonged exposure can cause skin burns. This can cause a huge damage to your skin that might take time to get recovered. The most common symptoms are red skin and blisters on skin. If your skin is very sensitive, then not only those hot summers, but you can get affected due to the sun's rays even when the weather is not so hot. You might also experience pain in some cases. Apart from this nausea or vomiting, fainting, blistering, chills, and fatigue are some of the symptoms. On that note, this article gives you some severe sunburn treatment methods.
Try to use these remedies as soon as possible so as to get relief faster. Remember that ignorance can lead to more problems. While you opt for these remedies, the first step is to get away from the sun's rays or source of UV light.
- Start with a cooling bath. Soak yourself in cool water for some time and relax. Do not use any soap or body wash. Oatmeal bath is an effective solution. Fill your bathtub with cool water, and add 3 - 4 cups oatmeal to this. Now, soak yourself in this soothing solution for 30 minutes. You can also add rose petals to this bath.
- Alternately, apply a cold compress. A cold compress is especially helpful when you are camping. You can just wrap a towel dampened in cold water over the affected area. Ice cubes are best.
- Milk is a wonderful ingredient. Remember, you need ice-cold whole milk for soothing the affected skin. Apply it thoroughly on the affected skin with a cotton ball and leave it for 20 minutes before washing with cold water.
- Using cold tea bags is a great idea to treat eyelids and lips. All you need to do is soak the tea bags in cold water, and then place them on the affected area for 15 - 20 minutes. You can also have strong tea for a long time in water, and then, refrigerate it to make ice-cool. Dip a towel in this and use for applying it on larger areas.
- Using cucumbers is one of the best remedies. You can apply cucumber slices on the skin and leave it for some time. Finely grated cucumber that will be easy to apply over a large area of skin is the best solution.
- Applying a mashed tomato over the affected area can give you relief from peeling skin. You can mash a tomato and apply a thick layer over the affected area. Wash off after 30 minutes with cold water.
- Aloe vera gel is one of the best solutions. Apply it several times a day for soothing and refreshing your skin.
The above mentioned treatments are sure to give you relief. You can also use sun-protective clothing, umbrellas, and sunscreen lotions to protect your skin. Taking the right precautions and drinking a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated is helpful in preventing sunburn.
Disclaimer: This BeautiSecrets article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.