Do you have dark circles under your eyes? Patches of darkened skin under the eyes can certainly make one look older. Fatigue, vitamin deficiency, exposure to sun, aging, and stress are the most common factors responsible for causing puffiness and darkening of the skin under the eyes. If you have been straining your eyes and depriving them of the much-needed sleep, then don't feel surprised on spotting dark blemishes under your eyes. Well, it's never too late. If you are amongst those who never took skin care seriously, it is time you started following a skin care regimen. If your skin is too sensitive, and you are skeptical about using skin care products that contain chemicals, it would be best to start looking for products that contain natural ingredients. Have you ever applied almond oil for dark circles? If you haven't, you must give it a try. However, you need to make sure that you don't use the essential oil extracted from bitter almonds for this purpose. You must apply sweet almond oil as it can work wonders for your tired skin.
Since this oil is a natural emollient, it moisturizes the skin. Massaging it on the skin under your eyes will provide it with the much-needed nourishment. Vitamin E and vitamin K present in this oil are believed to be effective in reducing puffiness and dark blemishes under the eyes. This oil can correct the imbalance caused by skin's water loss. Fatty acids that are present in this oil help to rejuvenate dull and dehydrated skin. Although massaging this oil has long been considered as one of the best home remedies for this problem, people who are allergic to nuts must avoid using this oil.
How to Use Sweet Almond Oil for Treating Dark Circles
No only does the skin easily absorb this oil, its texture is such that the skin doesn't feel greasy. It will make your facial skin supple and taut. It will also help in lightening the skin under the eyes.
- Apply this oil under your eyes every night before going to bed. First wash your face and dry it with a clean towel. After applying this oil, massage the area under your eyes very gently. A gentle massage will help in improving the blood circulation and will reduce the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. This oil is a natural moisturizer, which is why you can even massage it on your body. It is also used as a carrier oil in aromatherapy. Using it once in a while will not give the required results, so make sure that you use it every night.
- Add two teaspoons of this oil to two teaspoons of all-natural honey and mix them well. Massage this paste over the area under your eyes very gently or dab using your ring finger. Let this paste work on your skin during the night. Rinse it off in the morning.
- Combine this oil and all-natural milk powder in the same proportion. Mix them well. Make sure that the mixture is of a thick consistency. Apply this paste under your eyes. Wait for at least 10 minutes and wash it off. You must apply it very carefully, ensuring that it does not get into your eyes.
- A gentle massage with olive oil can also help in rejuvenating the tired skin and help in getting rid of dark blemishes under the eyes.
- You could apply cold compresses to reduce puffiness caused by eye strain and fatigue.
- You could also place ice cubes wrapped in a clean cloth on your eyes and leave them on for 10 minutes.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to rehydrate your skin.
- Lack of sleep greatly contributes to dark blemishes under the eyes, so don't strain your eyes and make sure you get plenty of sleep.
- Place cucumber slices or potato slices on your eyes and leave them on your eyes for 15 minutes. This will rejuvenate the skin under your eyes.
- Caffeine can also help in treating tired skin. You could also place cooled green tea or black tea bags over your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
- You could also go for aromatherapy sessions to nourish your skin.
- Protect your eyes from exposure to sun. Apply a sunscreen with a high SPF. Wear a broad-rimmed hat and sunglasses, whenever you step outdoors on a sunny day.
- You must follow a balanced diet to prevent any vitamin deficiency that could cause hyperpigmentation of skin.
Disclaimer: This BeautiSecrets article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for the advice of a dermatologist.