Soothing dry skin is one of the most common uses of Aquaphor. It can also be effective to heal chapped skin, diaper rash, minor burns, and acne. This BeautiSecrets article takes a closer look at the varied uses and possible side effects of this ointment.
Did You Know?
Aquaphor with its skin-friendly ingredients can be helpful to treat minor cases of eczema.
Aquaphor is one of the most sought-after skin care products as it is free from topical irritants like dyes, fragrances, and preservatives. It has a thick texture but is easy to apply, and is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. It acts as an excellent moisturizer and contains ingredients, like vitamin B5 and bisabolol, that help nourish the skin. The ointment is gentle on the skin and promotes the skin’s own natural healing process. Let us take a closer look at its uses and probable side effects.
Relieves Dry Skin
- Dry skin is an indication that your skin is moisture deficient. One of the best ways to ramp up the moisture is to use Aquaphor, which has been formulated using hygroscopic substances that encourage moisture retention. It also contains humectants like lecithin and glycerin that attract water from the environment, which helps to moisten the skin.
- The ointment known for its moisturizing properties, can be helpful to repair chapped lips. With regular application, you will notice that your lips have never looked so good before.
- When your cuticles are rough, and you don’t have cuticle oil by your side, applying this ointment can work wonders to soften the cuticles.
- When your heels are cracked, sore, and hurting, use this cream to ease the discomfort. Just slather it on your soles daily, and you will soon notice your rough heels turning softer.
Relieves Minor Burns
- Minor burns that occur while cooking and ironing can also be treated with this ointment. It can also be an easy home remedy to soothe minor cuts and scrapes.
- It also serves as an aftershave lotion. After a shave, we often experience an itchy, burning sensation, and an easy way to relieve this discomfort is to apply this ointment in small amounts.
It is particularly effective in treating acne in people with sensitive skin. Unlike other creams that leave the skin dry and irritated, this cream is soothing to the skin. Its formulation is non-comedogenic―its compounds do not block pores. This makes it ideal for treating skin conditions like acne.
Heals Diaper Rash
- Diaper rash often occurs when the baby’s skin rubs against the diaper for extended periods. Applying this cream can certainly soothe the skin irritation as well as alleviate the appearance of rash at the earliest. It creates a thick barrier, thereby protecting the baby’s skin from diaper cloth.
- The ointment can also help treat and prevent chafing. The groin, inner thighs, between the buttocks and underarms are some of the common areas prone to chafing. Applying Aquaphor on these areas will not only provide relief but also prevent episodes of chafing in the future.
After getting a tattoo, it is extremely important that you take proper care of the inked area. Tattoo being a puncture wound, requires you to follow a certain aftercare routine to speed up healing. Tattoo artists often suggest Aquaphor to prevent secondary infection as well as to moisturize the skin, which aids in healing.
Fades Stretch Marks
Pregnancy can cause excessive stretching of the tissue below the skin, which leads to the formation of stretch marks. Post pregnancy, apply this ointment regularly to considerably minimize appearance of stretch marks.
- Eye makeup can be difficult to remove, the mascara and gel liners often get stuck on the eyelashes, despite thorough cleansing. Place a small amount of Aquaphor on a cotton pad, dab it on your eyelids and then remove to clear the makeup.
- The ointment can also help tame unruly eyebrows. Spot treatment with this ointment can shape your unruly eyebrows.
Shines Shoes and Nail Polish
- If you are looking for a quick way to provide a touch of shine to your shoes, Aquaphor may come to your rescue, though the product has not been formulated for this purpose. Just dab a little bit and then spread, and rest assured, your shoes will look pretty attractive.
- The ointment can also enhance nail polish shine. Dab some Aquaphor on your nails to give a super shiny finish to your nail polish.
In most cases, side effects that may occur from Aquaphor usage, are not a cause for concern. Initially, while using the ointment, one may experience skin irritation, redness, burning or a stinging sensation. These side effects may be slightly bothersome but usually disappear after a few days. However, if you observe any abnormal changes in skin color and texture, you should immediately contact a doctor. In rare cases, an adverse reaction to the topical medication may occur, which manifests in the form of widespread rash, dizziness, facial swelling, and breathing problems.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is solely for educating the reader. It is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a medical expert.