Acne can be treated in a number of ways. There are medications available and one can also go for some homemade remedies to get rid of acne.
With a multitude of choices for treatment, it is no wonder people get lost in finding the best acne remedy. It has been found that, acne in teenagers accounts for about 90% of its cases all over the world. When they are left untreated, the condition may worsen and occur in adulthood too.
Effective Remedies for Teenagers
Some popular medicines for treating acne include benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, resorcinol, and sulfur. These are easily available as over-the-counter medications for an acne-affected skin. Here are some remedies you can try.
The first in the list of herbal treatment for acne is peppermint. This medicinal herb contains menthol, which is known to be a natural analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent. Get a handful of its leaves and make a paste out of them with a mortar and a pestle. Rub the leaves and juice on the affected area and leave it for 5 – 10 minutes. Thereafter, rinse the area with cold water.
Oatmeal works by cleansing the pores and exfoliating the skin. And this very technique helps in preventing and treating acne outbreaks. Prepare oatmeal, as you would for eating. Add 2 tbsp. of honey to it, and allow it to cool down to the room temperature. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for not more than 10 – 20 minutes.
The gel of aloe vera plant is a natural antibiotic, and it has a cooling and soothing effect on the acne sores. Get an Aloe leaf and apply its gel on the affected area.
Make a mix of lemon juice with rose water, taking both in equal proportions. Apply it directly on the skin and rinse after 15-30 minutes. Lemon juice is known to be a natural astringent and mild antibacterial agent, and so is rose water. Their mixture aids in curbing any further progress of pimples and also helps in the recovery.
- Make a thick paste of natural yogurt and fine oatmeal. Apply this paste onto the skin and leave it to dry. Rinse it with lukewarm water and pat dry. Apply a pimple cream thereafter.
- Get some cinnamon powder and honey. Apply the paste as a face mask and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning with an Aloe vera-based soap.
- Combine raw milk with gram flour and use it as a daily wash.
- Another method is a mixture of groundnut oil with lime juice, 1 tbsp. each.
- Get some ripe tomatoes and make a paste out of them. Apply it on the affected area and leave it for about an hour before rinsing it.
- Soak some lettuce leaves in water and wait until they become saturated. Use this solution to rinse acne.
- Prepare a paste out of mint juice and turmeric powder. Apply it on the skin and rinse it with lukewarm water after keeping it for 30 minutes.
- Crush some fresh fenugreek leaves with water and apply the paste and keep it overnight. The next morning, you can get your face washed with lukewarm water.