Bleaching creams, if applied on a regular basis, can lighten dark spots. They are easy to apply and so, one can safely use them.
Every woman dreams to have a flawless, glowing complexion. But, due to a number of reasons like stress, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, hormonal imbalance that occurs in a woman’s body during menstruation, pregnancy and menopause, acne, the natural aging process, or reaction to some medicines, a woman might find her skin getting spoiled by dark spots.
Numerous beauty products available in the market are especially formulated to get rid of these spots. Out of these, bleaching cream is perhaps the most widely used.
You can choose from a plethora of options that are available in the market. Well, the best one depends upon a number of factors, such as the manufacturer’s reputation, the reviews of the consumers, how safe is the cream, will the ingredients suit your skin type, and most importantly, the quality of the ingredients.
Most creams consist of ingredients such as hydroquinone, elegic acid, azelaic acid, and kojic acid. All these ingredients help in lightening the skin color by working on the melanin deposits in it. Given below is some useful information on the various kinds of bleaching creams available these days.
Besides the usual skin lightening ingredients, certain bleaching creams available in the market consist of moisture providing substances as well, like vitamin C, vitamin E, and alpha hydroxy acids.
The ingredients ensure that along with balancing out the skin tone and helping remove the dark spots, it keeps the skin soft, supple, and younger looking, by way of extra moisture.
Gel-based creams are effective for people with a combination skin. These creams fade the spots on the skin and help in getting rid of skin problems such as freckles, sun spots, skin discolorations, etc. Some even consist of sunscreen, which prevents dark spots from re-appearing on the skin.
This consists of ingredients such as hydroquinone, botanical extracts, and antioxidants which fade the dark spots on the face and treat skin discolorations. These creams have to be applied at night, preferably before sleeping, so that they can work on the skin whole night, removing the spots, moisturizing, and firming the skin – all at the same time.
Some bleaching creams are especially formulated to treat skin that has become dark or has dark spots on it due to the use of oral contraceptives.
Tips on Treating Black Spots with Bleaching Cream
As the chemicals in a bleaching cream are pretty strong, it is very important that it is used in an appropriate manner, so that no harm to the skin should be caused.
Here are some tips that you should follow.
- Before using it on the face, a patch test should be done by applying it on the elbow. If for two days there is no reaction/negative effect on the skin, it can be applied on the face.
- After the face has been bleached, a woman should apply sunscreen with minimum SPF 30 before going out in the sun.
- The cream should only be applied on the dark spots or areas of the skin which need to be treated to avoid lightening the surrounding skin areas.
- As it tends to make the skin sensitive, so for cleaning the skin which has been bleached, a good quality face wash should be used.
- Refrain from applying the cream on sensitive areas of the skin, such as around the eyes.
- It should be applied moderately, as its effects last only as long as it is used. Thus, apply in moderation, so that skin lightening occurs gradually.
Bleaching cream is indeed effective, although it’s not a permanent solution. So preventing the dark spots from occurring, by eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly and protecting the skin from the sun, is very important. By following a regular skin care regimen and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, any woman can get a radiant, flawless and glowing skin.