So, why is it that you need an oil-free sunscreen? Living in the tropics with an oily skin, are you? Ah! Read this article to know how to choose the best one.
It’s very important to check the ingredients of your sunscreen before you apply it on your skin. Moreover, if you have an oily skin, the layer of cream clogs the pores, rendering a dull and greasy look. You wear the sunscreen throughout the day in order to protect your skin from getting tanned.
If you make a wrong choice, the same cream might show a reverse effect. A wrong cream might enhance secretion of oil, resulting in its accumulation, and an outburst of pimples and acne. Therefore, it becomes very essential that you buy a good quality, oil-free sunscreen for your face. The SPF factor also plays an important role to determine the effectiveness of the product.
Choosing an Oil-free Sunscreen
You should know your skin type before opting for such a sunscreen. Oily sunscreens are normally water based to ideally suit an oily skin. A good brand of oil-free sunscreen with SPF more than 25 offers all-day protection without making your face oily.
The points below shall guide you to choose such a sunscreen.
- If your skin is shiny especially around the T-zone, then you have an oily skin.
- Go for the best brands and check out the composition of inscribed sunscreen ingredients. They are either gel or water based. A fragrance-free sunscreen without moisturizer is usually preferred.
- If you are regular with water activities, opt for a sunscreen that is waterproof and oil-free. Gel-based creams or blocks do not get washed away in water.
- SPF 15 is for minimal exposure. Long exposures to sun require a sunscreen with SPF more than 25.
- These sunscreens are more expensive than oil-based sunscreens. Therefore, select the best quality brand for maximum protection against sun.
An oily skin is very sensitive. A little excess oil can flare up acne, zits, and pimples. Such type of skin needs extra care. For this, you need a brand manufactured particularly for oily as well as sensitive skin. Non-comedogenic products with SPF 30 are best for long-lasting effect. Some popular brands are mentioned below. Herbal combination have a combination of antioxidants that help to prevent blowing up of pimples.
- Proactive Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 15 or 30.
- Wet n Wild Fresh Face Skincare Clear Skin Oil-free Moisturizer SPF 15
- Hawaiian Tropic Ozone Oil-free Sunblock Stick SPF 50+
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-free Sunblock
- Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 50
- SkinCeuticals Physical UV Defense SFP 30
- Blue Lizard Suncream Sensitive SPF 30+
- MD SkinCare Powerful Sun Protection Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- LaRoche- Posay Anthelios 15 Sunscreen
- Coppertone Sport Continuous Spray SPF 50
- UV Expert 20 with Mexoryl SX
Some good brands manufacture sprays that are meant for quick and easy application. These are mentioned below.
- ULTA Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 30
- Burt’s Bees Chemical-free Sunscreen SPF 30
- Boscia Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15
- Anthony Oil-free Facial Lotion SPF 15
- Shady Day Sunscreen Stick SPF 30
- Derma Doctor Ain’t Misbehavin’ skin clarifying and mattifying sunscreen SPF 30
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Lait SPF
- Guinot Spray Bronze SPF 15 Oil-free Sunscreen
- Clarins Sun Care Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF15
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch
- Aveeno Sun block Lotion for Face SPF 30
- Murad Oil-free Sun block
- Coppertone Sun block Lotion
- Peter Thomas Roth Ultra-Lite Oil-free Sunblock
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-free Sunblock Lotion, SPF 45
- Clarins Sunscreen Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF 15
- Sunscreen Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF 15
Make sure you cleanse your skin well before applying the sunscreen. Massage over exposed parts to avoid sun burn.