If you make a wrong choice, the same cream might show a reverse effect. A wrong cream might enhance secretion of oil, resulting in its accumulation, and an outburst of pimples and acne. Therefore, it becomes very essential that you buy a good quality, oil-free sunscreen for your face. The SPF factor also plays an important role to determine the effectiveness of the product.
Choosing an Oil-free Sunscreen
You should know your skin type before opting for such a sunscreen. Oily sunscreens are normally water based to ideally suit an oily skin. A good brand of oil-free sunscreen with SPF more than 25 offers all-day protection without making your face oily.
The points below shall guide you to choose such a sunscreen.
- If your skin is shiny especially around the T-zone, then you have an oily skin.
- Go for the best brands and check out the composition of inscribed sunscreen ingredients. They are either gel or water based. A fragrance-free sunscreen without moisturizer is usually preferred.
- If you are regular with water activities, opt for a sunscreen that is waterproof and oil-free. Gel-based creams or blocks do not get washed away in water.
- SPF 15 is for minimal exposure. Long exposures to sun require a sunscreen with SPF more than 25.
- These sunscreens are more expensive than oil-based sunscreens. Therefore, select the best quality brand for maximum protection against sun.
An oily skin is very sensitive. A little excess oil can flare up acne, zits, and pimples. Such type of skin needs extra care. For this, you need a brand manufactured particularly for oily as well as sensitive skin. Non-comedogenic products with SPF 30 are best for long-lasting effect. Some popular brands are mentioned below. Herbal combination have a combination of antioxidants that help to prevent blowing up of pimples.
- Proactive Daily Protection Plus Sunscreen SPF 15 or 30.
- Wet n Wild Fresh Face Skincare Clear Skin Oil-free Moisturizer SPF 15
- Hawaiian Tropic Ozone Oil-free Sunblock Stick SPF 50+
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-free Sunblock
- Banana Boat Ultra Defense SPF 50
- SkinCeuticals Physical UV Defense SFP 30
- Blue Lizard Suncream Sensitive SPF 30+
- MD SkinCare Powerful Sun Protection Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30
- LaRoche- Posay Anthelios 15 Sunscreen
- Coppertone Sport Continuous Spray SPF 50
- UV Expert 20 with Mexoryl SX
Some good brands manufacture sprays that are meant for quick and easy application. These are mentioned below.
- ULTA Continuous Spray Sunscreen SPF 30
- Burt's Bees Chemical-free Sunscreen SPF 30
- Boscia Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15
- Anthony Oil-free Facial Lotion SPF 15
- Shady Day Sunscreen Stick SPF 30
- Derma Doctor Ain't Misbehavin' skin clarifying and mattifying sunscreen SPF 30
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Lait SPF
- Guinot Spray Bronze SPF 15 Oil-free Sunscreen
- Clarins Sun Care Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF15
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch
- Aveeno Sun block Lotion for Face SPF 30
- Murad Oil-free Sun block
- Coppertone Sun block Lotion
- Peter Thomas Roth Ultra-Lite Oil-free Sunblock
- Neutrogena Healthy Defense Oil-free Sunblock Lotion, SPF 45
- Clarins Sunscreen Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF 15
- Sunscreen Spray Oil-free Lotion SPF 15
Make sure you cleanse your skin well before applying the sunscreen. Massage over exposed parts to avoid sun burn.