Whenever it comes to beauty regimen, many people think of taking care of their face only; that is why, it's only the face that looks revitalized, but not the entire body. To acquire the complete beauty, it is important that you take care of your skin in entirety, and not only of the face. It can be a turn off to have dry flaky knees, when you wear a sexy little black dress, no matter how gorgeous your face looks.
For a healthy and glowing skin all over your body, it is important that you undergo body exfoliation regularly. This cosmetic technique is nothing but removing the dead skin cells from the body. Though some amount of dead skin layer is important for the protection purpose, too many layers can have negative effects on the skin. Extra dead skin can make your skin tone uneven, and can clog the skin pores, due to which your skin cannot breathe, and hence looks dull and pale. It can also lead to acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples, etc. To avoid such problems, it is essential that you follow an orderly routine for the same.
Following are some of the benefits of exfoliation:
- Removing dead skin from the body promotes faster skin renewal process that keeps it fresh, smooth, and healthy.
- It removes dirt and buildup from the skin, which provides it with an adequate amount of oxygen.
- It improves blood circulation, providing each skin cell with life and vitality.
- It opens the clogged pores on the skin and clears all the dirt and blackheads, making your skin look clean and clear.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, making you look younger.
- It helps you to get an even skin tone, and also promotes easy discoloration of the skin.
- It improves its overall texture, making it look more vibrant and healthy.
There are many ways you can remove the dead skin cells from the body. Some of the popular exfoliation products include scrubs, masks, and chemical peels that are easily available in the cosmetic stores. You can perform it at home, or you can go to beauty salons that also provide you with a body massage.
If you wish to go for chemical peels, it is advisable that you get it done from an expert. However, scrubs and masks can be used at home on your own.
- First, have a clean bath with a good soap.
- You can use readymade scrubs, or can try homemade salt scrubs and sugar scrub recipes for the natural glow.
- Now, take a small amount of body scrub and massage your arms first.
- Then move to your neck, stomach, legs, and feet. You may need to take someone's help for scrubbing your back.
- Gently massage each part in a circular motion for ten minutes. Rub rough spots such as heels with pumice stone, and pay special attention to neck, elbows, knees, and ankles that are darker.
- You can massage either with your hands, exfoliating brush, loofah, or gloves.
- Once you are done with scrubbing, you must take a clean shower again, and remove all the scrub.
- Towel dry your body, and immediately, apply a moisturizing lotion.
Some Useful Tips
Before you start with any such treatment, it is necessary that you take care of certain aspects:
- People with oily skin require more frequent exfoliation, in comparison to those with dry skin.
- The ideal frequency for scrubbing is once or twice a week for mild treatment; for an intense one, it should be once or twice a month.
- Daily exfoliation and scrubbing is not good for skin, as it can cause further damage to it.
- It is advisable that you apply masks and peels, after the treatment is completed, for better results.
- Avoid using body or foot scrubs on the face.
- Always remember that you rub your skin gently, as harsh rubbing can result in skin irritation and redness.
With these tips, you are sure to have a healthy and glowing skin in a safe and sound manner. Now, grab the best product, and get the gorgeous skin ever that you can flaunt with style.