Everyone wishes to have a flawless skin especially that is clear and free from acne. The moment we spot an acne on our face, we feel upset. Some people tend to suffer from low self-esteem when encountered with recurrent outbreaks of acne. There is no doubt that it is a frustrating experience and we have all gone through this at some point of time.
Basically, acne erupts on clogged pores on the skin surface. When there is an overproduction of oily substance sebum by the oil glands under the skin, then it blocks up the pores and dirt and bacteria get trapped in them. This leads to skin infection and the skin tissues get inflamed. Hormonal changes is one of the major factor which is responsible for formation of acne particularly in teenagers. Besides, improper eating habits, mental stress, use of wrong makeup are some of the other causes of acne.
Natural cure for acne involves elimination of all such causes that can trigger an acne outbreak. A few such tips for acne control are as follows:
- A good skin care regime is a must for acne-prone skin. You must keep the facial skin clean all the time. For this, you must wash your face twice a day with a mild cleansing soap. It should be done once in the morning and once before going to bed. After every wash, apply a moisturizer to prevent drying up of the skin.
- Try not to wear any makeup when you already have acne on your face as they tend to aggravate the condition and more of it will appear on your face. At other times, use water-based makeup only. Oil based makeup is not suitable for acne prone skin.
- Do not try to pop the acne with your fingers. I agree that it really looks ugly but squeezing will spread the infection further to the surrounding tissues. As a result, you will end up with some more pimples on your face very soon.
- Eat healthy foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. Vitamins A, B and E and zinc are very important for acne prevention as they protect the skin and fight off the infections.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day which should be about 8 glasses everyday. This will help flush out the toxins from the skin that causes acne.
When the acne condition is very bad then you need more antibiotics. In that case you can use some home remedies for faster recovery. Some acne cures that work really very well are given below:
Honey and Cinnamon: This is a very popular treatment. When the medicinal properties of these two are combined together, then it works wonders on the skin eruptions. Take one tablespoon of finely grounded cinnamon powder and mix it up with 3 tablespoons of honey. Apply the thick paste on the acne and keep it for half an hour. Then wash with plain water.
Oatmeal: Cook the oatmeal the way you do for eating. Let it cool down properly and then apply it on your entire face. After it dries up completely, wash off. The oils on the skin surface get absorbed by the oatmeal and thus ensures faster healing of the acne.
Sandalwood Powder: Prepare a thick sandalwood paste by adding some rose water to sandalwood powder. Apply it on the acne before going to bed. Let it stay overnight on the acne and wash it off next morning. The medicinal properties of sandalwood not just treat the acne but is also a great cure for acne scars.
Egg White: Take white portion of two eggs and mix it well with some lemon juice. Put it on the acne for half and hour and wash it off. The protein content of the egg helps clear up the acne. It cures acne marks too because of the presence of lime juice in it.
These are some of the best acne cures, since all these remedies are absolutely safe for your sensitive skin. Moreover, none of these items that are being discussed here are expensive. So, you do not have to spend a fortune in your attempt to cure acne.