Your skin is sensitive to many conditions. Dry skin is a condition faced by many people. It can affect your self-confidence as you become more conscious about your looks at such times. In such condition you get chapped, cracked, scaly and dry flaky skin. It can also cause itching, redness and in worst cases it may also result in bleeding. People may get this condition occasionally or sometimes they have to face it regularly. It is caused due to many reasons.
Dry Skin Causes
1. Chapped Lips:
Continuous licking of lips may result in dry skin around lips. Due to licking of lips the naturally secreted fluids are wiped off with the saliva and hence results in cracked and chapped skin.
2. Seborrheic Dermatitis:
People with oily skin are more susceptible to seborrheic dermatitis. Yeast present on the skin combines with the oil and causes this infection. It takes place due to the sudden change in the weather, excessive scratching and increased stress level.
3. Allergic Reactions:
It is caused due to allergic reactions to fluoride or any other reason. Coming into contact with such allergens the skin becomes sensitive so, it's necessary to find out the reason behind the allergic reaction.
Age can also be a factor responsible for dry skin. Regular use of moisturizers and creams can help you get rid of aging.
5. Angular Cheilitis:
It is caused at the corner of the mouth. The skin dries to an extent that it results in splits or even bleeds while talking or opening the mouth. Ignorance in the treatment can result in yeast infection in the mouth.
6. Climatic Conditions:
Dry skin become worse in the winter season due to less humidity. Oil glands secrete less amount of oil as compared to the body requirement and this results in dry skin.
All the above causes can be treated. You just have to follow some of the suggestions given below that will help you get rid of dry skin. In worse conditions, it will be advisable to consult your doctor.
How to Get Rid of Dry Skin Around Mouth
- Water is considered as the best medicine to cure dry skin. Drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water every day to avoid such conditions. Water increases the moisture level of the skin and keeps it healthy.
- Have a nice sleep for at least 7 hours a day. This will maintain the balance of your body and will help your body to detoxify the blood which will give you healthy skin.
- Lip balm are considered to be very effective in keeping the lips moisturized which in turn helps in getting rid of the dry skin around the lip. But avoid the usage of flavored lip balms and lipsticks. Prefer naturally flavored products.
- Regularly apply cocoa butter on the affected area. It will retain the moisture level and will help in fast healing.
- UV rays from the sun are also very effective in curing dry skin. They naturally secrete skin moisturizer and prevents the skin from drying. Don't forget to apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
- Chewing sugar-free gum or candy may increase the blood flow around the mouth which helps in overcoming the condition of dry skin.
- Apply mashed banana on the affected area and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply it daily till you get rid of the dryness.
- Massage you lips daily with almond oil or olive oil. You will see the effect in few days as you will get rid of dry and itchy skin near the mouth.
With these precautions and remedies, you can easily fight your dry skin conditions. If the condition still persists, then consult a doctor for further assistance. So, get rid of dry skin as soon as possible and get your confidence and looks back.