Emu oil has been known to be a popular method to deal with a variety of skin conditions including dryness, wrinkles, eczema, sunburns, and acne. This agent is available in the market, in the form of lotions, oils, creams, body washes, soaps, and other acne skin care products. The reason this oil has done appreciably well in dealing with multiple skin problems, is its natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. To add to this, it works as an effective moisturizer, whose pH balance is in proximity to that of the skin. What most people are not aware of, is the fact that this oil, which is obtained from the fat of the Emu bird, possesses the ability to penetrate all the epidermal layers of the skin. Due to this, the skin receives an ample amount of omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids, which helps to keep it moisturized.
Benefits of Emu Oil for Acne
As mentioned earlier, emu oil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps in reducing the redness and swelling. Moreover, the oil is non-comedogenic, that is, unlike other oils, it does not clog the pores of the skin. The skin can still breath after the oil has been applied. In addition to its deep penetration into the skin layers, it does not leave any kind of residue, which generally tends to aggravate the condition. Not to forget the benefits of emu oil for acne scars, the agent speeds up the healing of any scarred tissue, and to an extent, prevents it too. The oil prevents dry, flaky skin, and suits all skin types.
Using Emu Oil to Manage Acne
- Using a cotton ball, apply the oil directly to the acne-hit areas of the face. Daily applications would help in reducing the swelling and puffiness, and would also curb the bacterial growth, thus preventing aggravation of the condition.
- For treating pimples on the back, using emu oil soap is considered to be a natural cure. The product can also be used for acne and pimples on buttocks, thighs, chest, and other areas of the body. However, it is recommended not to use such soap for facial pimples.
- The emu oil moisturizer can also be used post cleansing and toning the facial skin. The moisturizer would keep the skin from getting dry, thus reducing the severity of the pimples.
- Scalp acne also happens to be a trouble for some people. To deal with this condition, emu oil-based shampoos and conditioners can be used. It is also recommended that people with scalp acne, massage their scalp every other day with emu oil.
- Many women have also benefited by using emu oil for stretch marks.
- Finally, apart from all these external uses of emu oil, people may also benefit by using the capsulated form of the oil. It contains, as mentioned, omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids, which help in promoting overall health of the body.