Come winter, and everyone suffering from problems of dry and rough skin, can be seen making a bee line at the nearest body shop trying to get hold of all the lotions, creams, and moisturizers that will supposedly help them solve the problem. People with dry skin suffer more than those with oily skin as dry skin always feels brittle and stretched. The skin also starts peeling off sometimes and when it breaks, that part of the skin turns white and rough, making the face look like that of an old person. Dry skin also wrinkles fast. Are you one of those unlucky few who face this problem and dread the winter? Relax! May be these natural face masks for dry skin will help you get soft and supple skin.
Take a look around your kitchen and you will be surprised to find so many things that you can use to get rid of dry skin. Given below are some recipes.
- A honey and avocado mask is very beneficial for dry skin. Honey is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin and so is avocado. Mix at least 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey with ½ an avocado that is completely smashed, and apply it on your face. Leave it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash it off with cold water.
- Mash ½ an apple and mix it with honey and oatmeal. Apply this paste on your face, leave it on for a couple minutes, and rinse it off with cool water. You will never face problems with dry skin again.
- A paste of olive oil and ½ an avocado (smashed) can also work wonders for rough skin. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes or till it dries up completely. Wash it off with warm water.
- Honey and milk is another combination which induces moisture in the skin. Mix 3 spoons of each and make a thick sticky paste and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Remember one thing though, after washing your face, do not rub your face vigorously with the towel as that will make your skin rougher and drier. Just pat dry gently.
- Smash one banana, add at least 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil to it, and mix it well. Apply this on your face and leave it to dry. Wash off with warm water.
- 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 teaspoons of water, mixed together, and applied on areas of the skin that are dry, also relieves the skin of dryness.
- A face pack of yogurt, honey, and banana, mixed together and then applied on the face and neck, is also good for dry skin.
- Take a whole smashed cucumber and mix it with at least 2 teaspoons of sugar and apply it on your face. Your skin is sure to feel smooth as silk to touch. You can also apply this mask on your hands and legs. You may even store it in the fridge and use it later.
- In a bowl, add thick milk cream, 1 teaspoon of rosewater, and a pinch of turmeric powder and make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it on for sometime, say for 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. It will not only leave your skin feeling moisturized, but will also lend a glow to your face.
- Mix honey, an egg yolk, and a few drops of olive oil and make a thick paste. Apply it on the face and leave it for sometime. Wash with warm water.
These homemade face masks will cost you nothing and they are sure to help you bid goodbye to dry and chapped skin. Apart from these masks, you also need to follow a healthy diet, as the skin needs essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals from within your body too.