Skin worries are universal. But worrying isn’t your solution. Take a note a few proper skin care guidelines to rejuvenate your skin that suffers deeply and unknowingly.
The condition of your skin says a lot about your self-grooming habits. A face full of acne, enlarged pores, and scaly patches, looks very repulsive. Following a strict skin care regimen is extremely important for each and every one of us. After all, skin happens to be the window to your body’s internal functioning. Through the following article let’s take a look at one of the important product used in day-to-day skin care. A facial toner is a must-have product as it shrinks skin pores and prevents them from getting affected by everyday pollutants and other external agents.
Benefits of a Facial Toner
- Facial toner removes the residual makeup and dirt
- It marks the completion of cleansing process
- It temporarily tightens of skin pores
- Makes your skin feel fresh and clean
- Cools the skin too
- Removes excess oil from the skin
- Increases blood circulation
- Reduces development of fine lines on the facial skin
- Improves skin tone
- Obliterates toxins
- Exfoliates the skin and removes dead cells
- Prevents occurrence of acne
How to Apply
To derive maximum benefits from a facial toner, it has to be applied properly. Begin with washing your face with warm water. Squeeze out some deep pore cleansing milk and rub it in circular motion on your skin. Cover all the area from forehead to your neck. Use is generously and massage it well. Then with a damp cotton swab, wipe it out by applying some pressure. Once again rinse your face with tepid water. Avoid using soap or face wash this time. Dab some of the liquid on a cotton swab and pat it gently all over your face, chin, nose, forehead and neck. Your skin might feel a bit tight and dry after its application, thus applying a bit of moisturizer helps.
Points to be Noted
- Avoid the eye area while applying any skin toner or cleanser.
- Always read the reviews and conduct a patch test, before actually using the toner.
- If the product does not suit your skin, it may cause redness and some irritation.
- In this case, quickly wash your face with cold water and stop using the product in question.
- Alcohol based cleansers and toners tend to dry out your skin.
- To prevent the same, use a rosewater toner, or you could also make such a toner at home.
Recipe for Homemade Facial Toner
Facial toners made at home are much more reliable than the ones bought from the market. Firstly, because you know the ingredients that are being used and secondly, there is barely any chemical process involved.
Almond Facial Toner
- ½ cup rose-water or lavender water or distilled water
- 1 teaspoon pure vegetable glycerin
- ¼ -1 teaspoon cold pressed almond oil
- 12 drops of grapefruit seed extract
To make the rose-water or lavender water, take few leaves (rose or lavender), boil it in a pot of water and let it sit overnight. Strain it thoroughly the following morning. Combine the remaining ingredients in the boiled water. Shake it well to blend and store it in a jar in a cool dry place.
Facial toners are a great help for those of you who suffer from acute acne. By closing the pores, they prevent possible trouble and also remove excess oil. Use a toner everyday for 3 months to see your skin get back to its radiant form!