One of the most common teenager woes is the problem of acne, also known as pimples, zits, blemishes, etc. They can be the most frustratingly annoying problem which any one can face. Not only do they have a slow healing period, they also keep coming back. The condition, as mentioned, is typical of teenagers, however, can affect people of all ages. The forehead tends to be one spot which is commonly victimized by the acne breakouts. Other areas which are also affected include the neck, chest, back and shoulders.
Causes of Acne
The sebaceous glands do the work of secreting sebum, an oily substance. This substance helps in keeping the hair and skin lubricated. However, when this production occurs in excess, it gives rise to acne breakouts. Other causes could be related to bacteria and shedding of dead skin cells, which may occur irregularly.
Treatment Options Employed to Manage Forehead Acne
There are available a number of acne medical treatments, which you can put to use. However, given their cost and possible side effects, you may like to give a try to some simple and inexpensive, homemade treatment methods to deal with the problem.
- To begin with the first treatment method, you can use aloe vera. You can also try out skin care products whose active ingredient is aloe vera. You can also apply the plant's gel directly on the affected areas of the forehead.
- Make a face pack by mixing honey and cinnamon powder. Use this pack before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash it off the next morning with your regular face cleanser and lukewarm water.
- Garlic is nature's own antibacterial medication and that is why it is a popular treatment method for acne. Cut a fresh slice of it and simply rub the juicy part on and around the zits. This remedy also works for acne scar removal.
- Another natural method to treat the problem of forehead acne is a mix of fresh lime juice and milk (boiled). Use this every other day as a facial wash to get rid of your acne.
- Many people have benefited by using the mix of baking soda and water as a facial mask. Use of this natural acne remedy helps in improving the appearance of the acne-affected area of the forehead.
- To treat acne internally, make it a point to drink the juice of wheat grass daily.
- Dilute tea tree oil with water, and apply it directly to the pimple, using a cotton swab.
- One popular herbal treatment option is peppermint. Simply crush the leaves to form a paste. Apply it on the pimples and give it a wait of 5-10 minutes. Use cold water to rinse it off. The reason this herb is so popular in treating acne is its content of menthol. This substance is a potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Oatmeal is another safe and effective treatment method to reduce acne. Simply cook the oatmeal and add honey to it (about ¼ cup). After it cools, apply it to the forehead. Ensure that you avoid the eyes and not leave it to dry for more than 20 minutes. Use lukewarm water to rinse off.
- Avoid excessive washing or scrubbing. It makes the acne worse. Use gentle cleansers to clean the area.
- Abstain from using oily substances, and long exposure from the sun.
- Never pick or squeeze the pimples. Doing this would not make them go away, but cause severe acne scars.