To get a firm and prominent jawline, you will have to perform some specific exercises. Read the BeautiSecrets article to find out how these exercises are done.
The main reason behind the puffy appearance of our cheeks and chin is the excess fat deposition in those areas. The face looks older and bloated without any resemblance of youth and/or natural beauty. Other causes behind our skin looking dull and lifeless are air conditioning, chlorine water, wind, and pollution. Men and women with double chin and puffy cheeks often opt for a facelift, anti-aging skin care products, and cosmetic surgery to look young again. But there is another easy and natural way to recover your original face. Have you heard of facial and jawline exercises? Few of the effective facial exercises for jawline can help lift your cheeks, and bring the lost suppleness. Read through the article to know the different exercises.
Exercises to Get a Chiseled Jawline
I admit that heredity has some part in it, but you can get pretty close to it. Take a look at specific exercises to make you look more chiseled.
- The most basic technique to exercise your jaw muscles is to chew a wad of gum regularly. You can do that while at work, school, cooking, or when you’re lazing on the couch.
- Sit on a chair, keep your back straight, and look forward. Drop your jaw downwards till the point it can’t go any further. Hold this position for about a second, and come back to starting position. Do this 20 times.
- Now tilt your head upwards, and look at the ceiling. Keep going back till you feel a stretch in your neck muscles. Do this 20 times.
- The next exercise will not only work your jawline but also aid in getting a good night’s sleep. Sit in front of a mirror, keep your back straight, and look forward. Now clench your teeth as tightly as you can, and smile. Make sure you stretch your cheek muscles as far as you can. Do at least 2 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Another variation to the previous workout is, tilt your head upwards and look at the ceiling. Repeat the instructions in step #4.
Exercises for a Sagging Jawline
In order to have a perfect jawline, many women are plunging towards extreme measures. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars in Botox or a facelift, spend some time practicing these exercises.
- Sit on a chair, keep your back straight, and look in the mirror. Keep your mouth closed, clench your teeth, and fill your mouth with as much air as possible. Now move the air between both sides of your face. Alternate each cheek, and repeat this for about 20 times.
- Sit in front of a mirror, and keep your back straight. Lift your right hand, bring it closer to your jaw, and smack it with the backside of the hand. Do this as fast as you can for about 30 times a day.
- Place 3 fingers of your right hand under your lips. Pull your lips down with the help of the fingers. Do this exercise 10 sets of 10 repetitions. It will help in tightening the chin muscles.
- This next exercise will need for you to make a funny face. So go into a room where you get some privacy. Stand in front of mirror, and pout your lips as if you are about to kiss someone. Hold this position for about 5 seconds. Now after the kissing position, grin as big as you can. Hold this position for about 3 seconds. Repeat for at least 20 to 30 times, twice a day.
- Sit on a chair, keep your back and neck straight, and look forward. Place the lower lip over the top. Now inhale slowly and turn your head from looking forward towards the right. Look over the right shoulder, and rest your chin over it. Hold this position for about 5 seconds, and come back to starting position. Follow the directions on the left side. Do 5 times on each side, twice a day.
These toning exercises are designed in a way to help you reduce the effects of a sagging chin and give the effect of a defined jawline. However, if you have gained a considerable amount of weight, then consider losing few pounds before starting any of these exercises. Along with these exercises mentioned above, weight loss will also help achieve your goals much faster.