Liquid mineral makeup is for all those who avoid using makeup, because they end up having rashes or breakouts. People with sensitive or dry skin tend to develop skin allergies, due to the use of cosmetics and makeup, that contain chemicals, preservatives, fragrances, or dyes. Mineral makeup is a fairly new proposition but is fast gaining popularity owing to the numerous benefits that it offers. Initially, it was made available in powder form, but now it is available in liquid form as well.
It consists of natural and organic ingredients, that make it safe for any skin type, especially the sensitive and delicate types. It contains no such ingredient that can cause allergies, rashes, or breakouts. The color in this makeup is achieved through the addition of mineral pigments.
It may contain all or a few of the ingredients, like phytonadione (vitamin K), mica, glycerin, iron oxides, zinc, titanium dioxide, gingko biloba leaf extract, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, deionized water, ascorbyl phosphate (vitamin C), willow bark extract, calendula, seaweeds, chamomile, cucumber fruit extract, kaolin clay, sulfur, etc., and many other botanical and ground sea minerals.
- Ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, impart sun protection qualities to the makeup. Thus, providing SPF 20 protection against UVA and UVB, just like a sunscreen lotion or moisturizer.
- Natural ingredients, like iron oxide and mica, impart color and shimmer to the makeup product. So, the use of chemicals is not required, to add color or shimmer.
- Kaolin clay and sulfur help heal and prevent acne, as they have anti-bacterial properties that remove impurities from the skin.
- It is water-resistant, hypoallergenic, can be worn for long hours, and is also non-irritating and non-comedogenic.
- The creamy texture of this makeup makes it very easy to apply and gives a smooth and even finish.
- Natural oils, like olive oil, are added in small amounts to allow a light application of the makeup, that is comfortable to wear for long hours, daily. It also facilitates easy makeup removal.
- It dries quickly and stays intact all day long, which makes the user appear fresh and also eliminates the need for frequent touch ups.
Liquid mineral makeup was first introduced for all skin types, but has gained immense popularity among people with sensitive skin. It is now being preferred over the various other cosmetic products as its use promotes healthy glowing skin and natural skin care, while effectively concealing flaws.