Tween is the pre-adolescent period when a girl is around 10-12 years old. Being in a sublime stage, looking attractive becomes a major concern of girls. At this age, they are exposed to a lot of changes and getting the right makeup becomes a very confusing factor, as they are incapable of deciding whether to adopt an independent fashion that will make them look like a grown up or a teen. While trying to strike out a balance, they tend to go overboard with bright and bold colors that mar their natural beauty. A makeup that will complement a tween is never done with dollops of heavy foundation, lipsticks, and other elements; it should rather be a perfect blend of colors capable of retaining the innate beauty and freshness of this age.
Staying beautiful is a complete package that your physical appearance and body gestures bring along. If you learn to carry yourself well right at this stage, you won't suffer from any complexities regarding your beauty in your later life. Looking gracious includes factors that create a positive impression on minds of onlookers, and it's a very normal desire for a girl in her tweens to grab everyone's attention.
Skin Care Tips
- The external glow of your skin could be enhanced with a plenty of beauty care tips. Follow a natural process at this age instead of experimenting with cosmetics that promise to make you fair. Healthy and glowing skin never needs any additional makeup.
- Detoxify your system from within by consuming a lot of fresh foods, like vegetables, fruit juices, and raw fruits. If you want to stay beautiful, then you have to control consumption of fried foods, fast foods, and junks. Drink plenty of water to bring a natural shine to your face.
- Keep your face clean by washing it thrice a day. Apply fresh cream mixed with turmeric before going to bed. During summers, scrub your face regularly with ice and watermelon slices. You can also apply a face pack made from honey and sandalwood.
- Go completely natural while taking care of your body. Massage your body, including your face, with olive or almond oil before taking a bath. You will observe a difference in the texture of your skin after a week.
- Never spend your pocket money on buying foundations, bronzers, dark lipsticks, and other material that would make you look older than your age. Go for nude makeup to stay brisk and beautiful. Your makeup kit should contain only lip gloss, loose powder, and an eyeliner.
- Define your eyes with kohl and then use a single brush of mascara on the eyelashes. A black or dark brown kohl is usually preferred. If you are attending a party, you can even experiment with blue tones. Sketch a thin line of eyeliner to brighten up your eyes.
- When it comes to pampering your lips, girls in their tweens should wear muted and glossy shades. Juicy pink, coral, mauve, and lavender are the colors for this age. Keep your lips moisturized by applying a flavored balm on it. The natural color of the balm would retain the luster of your lips.
- Moisturize your face with baby products before going out or else splash some rose water before stepping out. Dust a little loose powder on it. You can also apply pure aloe vera gel on your face to prevent sunburns. While attending parties, the minor imperfections can be covered with a concealer. You can sprinkle fresh glitter to get a shimmering look.
- Hair care is an important part of looking beautiful. Rinse your hair at least thrice a week with a premium brand of shampoo. Oil your hair before washing and condition it after applying the shampoo. This should be your hair care regimen during your tween years.
- Do not spoil your hair by exposing it to damaging chemicals and using blow dryers frequently. Rather, get a hairdo that will make you look chic and charming. Go for short hairstyles in your tweens. If you have long hair, then opt for a razor cut or layers. Curls look naturally beautiful and they render a carefree appeal.
- Deck your hair with trendy clips, with cute designs and prints on them. As tweens, you must experiment with colors for your hair accessories. Bright colored bands, hair clips, extensions, etc., would perfectly match your age. All these elements bring out the freshness of this age.