A woman deserves to be respected, admired and appreciated. Personality and appearance play a significant role in making the first impression an appealing one. And though there is truly nothing that compares to natural beauty, you can definitely enhance your appearance with the help of cosmetics. Cosmetics help to make a woman feel more confident and assured about her image. That's also a reason why the use of cosmetics has gained extreme popularity. In this article, we'll see how often criticized cosmetics can also prove to be beneficial to you.
Cosmetics are substances that are used to improve your appearance. An array of cosmetics are used by people all around the world. These include skincare creams, powders, lotions, nail polishes, lipsticks, colored contact lenses, eye and facial makeup, hair colors, deodorants, hair sprays and gels, bath soaps, bath salts, bath oils, baby products and many more.
This wide variety is generally divided into two types: decorative cosmetics and care cosmetics. Almost all cosmetics contain various preservatives and fragrances. Some of the preservatives used in cosmetics are paraben, quaternium-15, imidazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol and formaldehyde. However, cosmetics without any synthetic ingredients are preferred as synthetic ingredients can be harmful to the skin. Today, certified organic cosmetic products are very popular. They are made up of organic and natural ingredients. Water accounts for a large quantity in most skin care products and hence these are more popular.
Benefits and Advantages
- Cosmetics are regarded as a means of enhancing one's complexion and beautifying the skin.
- Skin creams and lotions can be used to deep-cleanse the skin.
- If pores in the skin are blocked, it may lead to infection and acne formation. Various cosmetic cleansing products thoroughly cleanse the skin and remove the dirt and microorganisms from the skin.
- After cleansing, moisturizers are applied to prevent drying of the skin and to keep it smooth and radiant. Moisturizers also offer excellent protection against cold winds and act as a lubricating agent.
- There are special sun-protection creams/lotions that can protect you from the harmful UV rays of the sun. These creams minimize the risk of skin cancer, which is the result of exposure to sunrays.
- Many cosmetics contain vitamins such as A, D, E and K. These vitamins are essential for healthy skin and hair.
- To cope with body odor, one can use deodorants and perfumes. These help in making one feel fresh all through the day.
- Apart from skin care, there are also varieties of shampoos and conditioners available, which keep the hair clean, soft and healthy.
- Cosmetics are used not only for skin care, but also to treat certain skin problems. Dark spots or pimples on the face can be hidden using cosmetic products like concealers.
- You can enhance your most attractive facial features using makeup.
- You can also cover dark circles and wrinkles using various anti-aging creams and eye makeup.
- Not only your face, you can also decorate your nails using attractive nail colors.
- The wide range of hair colors available today also helps you to modify and highlight your hair in the color and shade of your choice.
Cosmetics can bring about a huge change in your personality. However, you need to be cautious while using the same. Before buying any cosmetic products, make sure that they are meant for your skin type lest you want to break out into an allergy. Buy products of reputed brands and you will be assured of excellent quality.