As we age, our skin begins to lose its elasticity and this can become an issue for some. Nowadays, there are several ways to go about altering your appearance with the help of plastic surgery. However beneficial plastic surgery may seem like, it comes with its own share of downfalls, risks, and mishaps. One wrong move by you or the doctor, and you have to suffer the results. This could be said about major cosmetic surgeries where window of error is huge. But what about a rather smaller procedure like a brow lift?
Plastic surgeons conduct surgeries to raise the eyebrows higher in proportion to your facial features. The droopy flaps which hang over and at the corner of your eyes is lifted, the horizontal wrinkles over your forehead are less prominent, and the frown lines between your eyebrows are also less defined. There are different methods used for a brow lift surgery, but nonetheless, they have a certain amount of risk and pain involved. Which brings us to finding brow lift alternatives that don't have the same effects as a plastic surgery. But... is that possible? Can we actually alter (even just a little bit) the way we look by lifting the brows? Is there a safer, noninvasive method? Read the rest of the article to find out.
No Surgery, No Botox...
The secret to a nonsurgical brow lift are reshaping and maintaining the eyebrows. When you eliminate the option of plastic surgery, you are saving yourself from spending a lot of money and time; and don't even get me started on the pain. Below we have provided you with few options that should help you achieve your goal - lift droopy eyebrows and strengthen the muscles around your eyes.
✦ Facial Exercises
Even though we can't turn back the hands of time, there are certain options, if used at the right time, might help delay the natural course of life. Face lift exercises, as mentioned below, can be performed in order to strengthen the muscles around your eyes so you can age well, the production of collagen is stimulated, blood circulates properly throughout your face, and more nutrients can reach the cells.
- Sit in front of the mirror and make a frowning face.
- With your fingers, squeeze both eyebrows closer to the eyes.
- Now open your eyes properly and with the fingers, lift both eyebrows up.
- Go as far as you can and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Release the eyebrows, relax your face, and repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Sit straight on a chair and keep your eyes closed.
- Relax your body and with your eyes closed, look down; your eyeballs should be looking down.
- Hold this position for 5-10 seconds and then release.
- Now look up, keeping your eyes closed and hold the position for 5-10 seconds.
- Release and relax for few seconds. Begin again. Do this exercise 5 times.
- Keep your head straight throughout this exercise and breathe normally.
✦ Shaping Eyebrows
You can change the appearance of your face with a simple, at home technique - reshaping your brows properly. Many times, the shape of your eyebrows can make a huge difference in how you look. The things you'll require for shaping eyebrows are eyebrow tweezers, a magnifying mirror with light, eyebrow pencil, and moisturizer.
- Take the eyebrow pencil and draw a line right over your brow.
- This will give help you keep both eyebrows lined properly once you're done.
- With the tweezers, separate the hair that need to be removed.
- Take the tweezers to remove one hair at a time.
- Keep checking in the mirror before you pluck out any hair.
- To lessen the pain, with one hand hold the tweezers close to skin, and with another stretch the skin.
- Once you are done tweezing both eyebrows, apply the moisturizing lotion.
Getting a brow lift without undergoing any surgery is possible. It is said that after the age of 30, you should use an anti-aging cream all around your eyes (eyelids and above the eyebrows). Follow the options given to you in this article and avoid the circumstance of getting plastic surgery to lift your eyebrows.