We all dream of a youthful, radiant and flawless skin, but there are times when the dream of having an even skin tone seems to be so far-fetched. Skin pigmentation is a common skin problem that has always been a cause of cosmetic concern for most women. Though you will come across many skin lightening creams and other skin care products that are heavily advertised and claimed to be best at giving you the flawless skin you always wanted, you can prevent this skin problem by following certain skin care tips.
What Causes Skin Pigmentation
Exposure to harsh environmental conditions can adversely affect the texture of skin. Our skin is extremely delicate and it responds quickly to the harsh sun, icy winds or pollutants in our surroundings. Those of you who love the tanned look and often spend time basking in the sun must be more careful. You are most likely to suffer from hyperpigmentation of skin from prolonged exposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
Do you put on a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun? Those who don't put a sunscreen shouldn't be surprised when they see ugly age spots on their skin. Overuse of cheap makeup products could also affect the texture of the skin. Hormonal imbalances can also give rise to acne that may sometimes leave scars. Such scars can also adversely affect one's skin.
How to Even Out Your Skin Tone
Are ugly spots or patches on your skin robbing you off your beauty? Here are some remedies that might help you get the flawless skin you always wanted.
- Since the main cause of skin discoloration is prolonged exposure to sun, you need to make sure that you don't spend too much time outdoors. If you love spending time outdoors, then make sure that you protect your skin by applying a sunscreen with a high SPF. Apply a sunscreen about half an hour before you step outdoors.
- Wear broad-rimmed hats or use a sun protection umbrella. Damage to skin is the maximum during midday, so make sure that you don't step out during this time.
- Use a good quality skin moisturizer and toner.
- You could massage your skin with olive oil or almond oil. This will surely work wonders for you. It will improve the texture of your skin.
- Instead of using makeup or skin care products that might have harsh chemicals, apply products that use natural ingredients. You could use a natural skin cleanser such as rose water.
- You should also use an exfoliating scrub. Skin exfoliation is a very important aspect of skin care. It not only removes the dirt and dead skin cells that might clog the skin pores, but also improves the blood circulation.
- Let me tell you how to make a natural exfoliating scrub at home. Well, all you need to do is mix cornmeal, wheat germ and oatmeal in equal proportion. Add some water to make a paste. Apply this paste and leave it on for 15 minutes. After that, wash it off with cold water.
- Applying a ripe mashed papaya or aloe vera gel can also help.
- If you wish to get rid of blemishes, you can add lemon juice to honey and apply it on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water. This is an effective home remedy that will lighten your skin. Isn't that great!
This was some simple ways to even out skin tone naturally. If these natural remedies don't seem to work for you, then it would be best to consult a dermatologist. A dermatologist may prescribe medicated skin creams or recommend methods such as laser therapy or microdermabrasion in event of severe skin damage. Make sure that you keep yourself well-hydrated at all times. You must also follow a healthy diet. Protect your skin from ultraviolet rays of the sun at all costs.