Sensitive skin is often prone to pimples and acne. The skin when exposed to sun, easily burns. It is also allergic towards particular cosmetics, cleansers, moisturizers, etc. Sometimes rashes and eruptions breakout after having a facial or bleach. The outcome is just reverse. Instead of the glow, dull red patches take over your face. Sensitive skin needs immense care and one must know which product suits her skin the best. While going for facial to salons, make sure you let the experts know your skin type and get proper facial for sensitive skin.
Homemade Facial for Sensitive Skin
Sun Burnt Irritated Skin
- Take 1 cup of natural yogurt and add half cup of oatmeal to it. If your skin is a little dry, add 1 tsp. of honey. For oily skin add drops of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients and form a smooth paste. Apply all over face and neck. Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Crush 1 cup green grapes, add 1 tsp. of honey and one egg yolk. Mix it well. Apply for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Mix equal proportions of aloe vera gel with honey. Leave on skin for 10 minutes and wash with warm water.
Blemished Itchy Skin
- Blend 1 tsp. lemon juice with 1 ripe tomato. To this add instant oatmeal or rolled oats. Apply a thick mask to the blemished area and leave for 10 minutes. Wash with warm water and sponge your face with a soft towel.
- Add 3 tsp. of honey to 1 tsp. cinnamon powder. Add 2 tsp. of fresh mint juice and rose water to it. Spread it all over you blemished skin and let it dry. Wash with warm water thoroughly.
Pimple and Acne Prone Skin
- Take half cup fuller's earth. Add 1 tsp. jojoba oil or green tea oil. Add rose water along with 2 tsp. of orange peel dust. Make a smooth paste and apply all over your face and neck. Let it dry and rinse with cold water.
- Make neem leaves and turmeric paste. Apply this with black organic clay. This works well on sensitive skin with pimples and acne.
How to Do Facial?
The first thing you should do before applying the facial mask is cleansing. Cleanse you face thoroughly and massage with a facial cream. If you want to do this at home, it's always best to use natural ingredients. Use cocoa butter or Shea butter to massage your face. You can massage with almond, coconut, or olive well as well. Massage with your fingertips in a circular motion all over your face and neck.
Once you have massaged your face, wipe of the extra cream or oil with a warm clean towel. Bathe your face carefully with steam and apply any of these facial masks depending on your skin type. Let it dry and wash off with warm or cold water. Splash rose water to feel rejuvenated. However, in any case if you feel itching or burning sensation, immediately stop applying.
If you trust nature, then the best facial for sensitive skin is a pure sandalwood mask with rose water. Sandalwood can cure skin tan and its hypoallergenic properties helps to prevent outbreak of any kind of eruptions. If your skin is oily you can add cucumber juice and for dry skin you can use honey. While selecting cosmetics, select brands with hypoallergenic properties and specially formulated for sensitive skin types. You can use baby products or medicated products if your skin is extremely sensitive.
Know your skin type before applying any type of facial. Wrong selection can lead to worst kind of outbreak. Do not change your brands frequently and try to go for a natural skin care program.