If your skin is dry and you know it? Use a hydrating face mask, of course. You see, these masks are just as their name holds - they hydrate the face and restore lost moisture. But that is not all that they do. Any facial mask will work to get rid of the build up of dead cells on the skin, while deep cleansing, moisturizing and rejuvenating the skin. A hydrating facial mask will be used, not only to infuse the skin with moisture, but also the required nutrients like oxidants and minerals and restore the lost pH balance of the skin. Skin treatments carried through with the help of facial masks are one of the most effective ways to give the skin the glow and health that can be lost due to the influx of varied internal and external elements like pollution, sun exposure, stress and others. To get back the lost glory of the skin then, here are a few recipes of the best hydrating facial masks.
The active ingredients in face masks are based on the skin type of a person. While clay based masks are best suited for oily skin, a dry skin will require ingredients that will hydrate it and get rid of the dryness. In that direction, some of the most effective ingredients in these masks include cucumber, aloe vera, egg yolk, honey, banana and natural oils. Let us now look into some of the best recipes that can be used for hydrating dry skin and restoring the lost luster and shine.
Honey and Egg Mask
- Honey (1 tsp)
- Coconut oil (1/4 tsp)
- Egg (1)
- Break the egg and beat it till it is fluffy.
- Add the honey and coconut oil to it and continue beating it till it has turned into a paste that has the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Store this pack in an airtight container and into the freezer for the night. Use it the next day.
- Use generous amounts on the face and neck. Make a thick layer of the same.
- Keep for 15-20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
- Store the remainder of the paste in the freezer and use as required.
Peach and Honey Mask
- Peach (1)
- Honey (3 tsp)
- Yogurt (2 tbsp)
- Skin the peach and mash it into a smooth pulp that has no lumps.
- Add the honey and yogurt into the mashed peach and mix well.
- Make sure that the consistency is thin enough to apply as a paste.
- Use the paste and spread evenly over your face and neck in circular motions.
- Sit back while the paste dries. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
Avocado and Olive Oil Mask
- Avocado (1)
- Apple vinegar (1 tsp)
- Egg white (1)
- Olive oil (3 tsp)
- Take the avocado and peel it. Then mash till it is a smooth pulp.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil and beat till smooth.
- In a separate container, break the egg and collect the egg white. Then beat it before adding to the mixture.
- Make sure that the paste has enough consistency to be applied evenly on the face and neck.
- Apply and spread well.
- Let it stay for 15-20 minutes, then wash off this avocado face mask with lukewarm water.
Cucumber and Aloe Mask
- Cucumber (1/2)
- Aloe vera gel (2 tbs)
- Peel the cucumber and clean it of all the seeds.
- Cut into small pieces and put into the blender.
- Cut a piece of an aloe leaf and collect the gel.
- Add this gel to the cucumber pieces in the blender and blend well till they have turned into a thick paste.
- Wash the face clean and then spread the mask onto the face and neck.
- Let it dry for 20-30 minutes, then wash off with cold water and pat dry.
Banana and Egg Yolk Mask
- Egg yolk (Of 1 egg)
- Banana (1, ripe)
- Almond oil (2 tsp)
- Peel the banana and mash till it is smooth.
- Add the egg yolk and the almond oil and mash with a spoon or run it through a blender.
- Use this paste on the face and neck in an even layer.
- Let it dry for 20-30 minutes then wash off with cool water and dry the face with a towel.
These were some of the most effective recipes for hydrating face masks that you can use to give your face the much-needed moisture. Get ready for a glowing, smooth and happy face that has been pampered.