Argan oil is produced from the Argan nut, which is found only in Morocco. The fact that this tree is found only in Morocco and the fact that it has been deemed an endangered species, makes its oil extremely expensive, valuable and in demand. It is believed to be a rich source of essential vitamins and minerals that contribute in improving the health of out hair and skin.
Benefits for Skin
Benefits for Skin
- This oil is rich in vitamin E, and has a combination of fatty acids - oleic acid and linoleic acid - which add up to make 70% of the oil. It also has carotene which are later converted into vitamin A. However, the essential ingredients of the oil are the squalene, antioxidants, phenols and its sub types.
- Argan oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin because of its rich reservoir of fatty acids.
- This oil reduces the secretion of sebum and keeps it within control. This helps prevent the skin from becoming excessively oily.
- It does not have any cholesterol, which is why it is non sticky and does not leave any residue on the skin or the scalp.
- It has antimicrobial properties, which makes it useful against skin infections, cuts and scars.
- It also helps tighten the skin and reduces cellulite to a large extent.
- This oil, being as nutritious as it is, also helps restore a normal pH balance in the skin and in the scalp. This prevents either from collecting too much acid or other toxins. This in turn keeps the skin healthy and secure against pigmentation.
- Argan oil has undergone substantial amount of research which claims that this oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help cure serious skin ailments such as psoriasis and eczema to a very large extent. However, experiments need to be conducted in order to prove the validity of such claims, which is why people must first consult their dermatologist before going ahead and trying this oil, especially if they have a severe skin disorder. The reason being that even though side effects are unlikely, there is no assurance as to how the oil will react in certain cases.
- Because it keeps the skin hydrated, it slows down the skin's aging and thus prevents wrinkles from appearing prematurely. And because it increases the skin's elasticity, it helps reduce the wrinkles which have already formed.
- This oil has been tried and tested by some pregnant women who vouch for its effectiveness against ugly stretch marks.
- It prevents the follicles from getting clogged and thus prevents hair from falling prematurely.
- One of the argan oil benefits is its antimicrobial tendencies which makes it an excellent source against dandruff, which is basically a fungal infection that targets the scalp predominantly.
- It also helps prevent flaky and dry skin, which occurs due to dehydration of the skin and the scalp. This condition is not akin to dandruff and is not caused as a result of an infection of the scalp. This oil provides the skin and the scalp with the necessary moisturizing, which prevents the skin from drying.
- It strengthens the hair roots and secures them, thereby preventing the follicles from becoming loose.
- It nourishes the hair to such a large extent that the hair becomes stronger and does not break easily.
- It helps restore the health of the hair strands and repairs split ends.