Pale skin is usually fair in nature, but slightly translucent, where it is one of the best bases for any type of makeup. It is a very dominant skin type among Americans. The right makeup color and brands that match this skin tone, can make it look gorgeous. The magic trick to make translucent skin look healthier, is by using the right foundation or concealer. The eyes and lips are however, not affected by this skin color, and thus, you can use any mild or darker shades on them.
- The first step is to create a base for the makeup by applying the right shade of foundation, after mixing it with a pea-sized amount of moisturizer. When you select the perfect shade that matches your skin tone, make sure to apply one coat of the base uniformly all over your face and neck.
- The concealer is the next product that you can use to hide freckles, dark spots, dark circles, marks, etc. A number of makeup brands produce base makeup products especially for this skin type.
- Use a concealer that is two tones lighter than the foundation, and apply it in such a way, that it hides visible veins.
- After the base is set, the next important step is to add color.
- You will need to apply blush in such a way that it is subtle and not prominent. For this, you can use a tone that is lighter than the concealer, with a slight tinge of pink.
- Pink or peach-colored blush is always preferred, since glossy pink is immediately noticeable over light skin. Thus, with a brush, dust the blush on your cheeks equally on both the sides.
- Once the face makeup is done, move to your eyes. For the eyes, you can use a variety of colors from your eyeshadow palette.
- Depending on what color the dress is that you are going to wear, select the eyeshadow color and apply a light shade of it below the eyebrow, first. Then, pick a darker shade and gently apply it on the eyeball bulge of the eye, just above the eyelash.
- After this, carefully line the upper lash line with eyeliner, right up till the end of the eye corner. You can also extend it a little outside the corner.
- Coat the eyelashes with mascara, using either black or dark brown, whichever suits you better.
- For the lips, dark colors can be used, since these will complement fair skin. You can also use a lip liner, gloss, or balm, similarly.
- Pick colors in deep shades of red or pink. This will give you a gorgeous and luscious lip look.
- However, avoid selecting pale lipstick shades like light pink, nude beige, lavender, and similar colors.